A starting romance

It's been a year since I moved here, to this town of clouds and rain named Forks. Forks is ideal for a vampire like me who wants to go to school as a human teenager would.

Today is the first day of school for the new semester as a sophomore. I parked my motorcycle in my usual parking spot near the entrance of the school, I could all the whispers of the students around. It used to be how cool my Suzuki V-Strom and I looked, but it's died down. Today the whispers and conversations were mostly about the new family that moved into town, the Cullens. Super hearing is really convenient in times like this when I what to know stuff but can't bother to ask.

"It's Lizzy! Argh, I don't remember her ever coming to school this late. Why today of all days." I heard Catherine complain to Alex from afar, the two of them make me smile. "Morin Liz!" Catherine said as she ran next to me with Alex following behind her. I could see how she had been dying to tell me about all the gossip she newly acquired and had probably told Alex a hundred times.

"Good morning Cath. Good morning Alex. Congrats on getting a year older." I said to both of them. "Thanks, Liz," Catherine replied while rolling her eyes, a few greetings after Cath went straight to gossip she had been dying to tell. "Have you heard about the family that moved in!"

In a town, this small, new people were considered big news. "Actually, this time I have. Doctor Cullens children, right?" This sparked the brunette's gossip soul, and she started to ramble on about everything she knew. I listened half-heartedly, the smell that was on Charlie yesterday was bothering me. The scent was very faint, even with my super nose.

"Elizabeth! Are you listening?" Cath's call made me snap out of my thoughts, but before I could answer two cars drove into the parking lot. "Hey! that's them." Catherine commented on the 'people' exiting the car.

The smell was immediate as they opened their doors, even if they were far away from me. 'Vampires... ' I looked at them with wide eyes, realization that the smell from Charlie was from Vampires too.

"Oh my gosh, they're gorgeous! Right Babe, Lizzy?" Catherine pats me on the shoulders. While Alex nods with a heavy sigh, I answered stuttering "Y-Yeah, they're... good looking," I answered, and as I thought of how to take down five vampires to protect my friends.

"We're not going to hurt anyone, not you not your friends. No one."

I turned my head to see the source of the voice was the male Bronze-haired vampire. "We drink from animals, like you." That made me look at their eyes, which are gold like mine. That made me relax slightly, knowing that if a fight really had to be done it wouldn't be in front of my human friends.

Seeing me not so tense, the group of vampires' smiled, which made me furrow my brows together in confusion. I couldn't understand why they would be happy at that.

I wanted to ask questions or at least reply, but it started to rain, and before I knew it Catherine pulled me inside. The impact of the Cullen's stunning looks and the sudden rainfall distracted Cath and Alex from seeing my expression when the bronze-haired vampire spoke to me.

"Argh!! Why the sudden rain storm!" Catherine was checking on her hair, which got wet due to the rain.

"Babe, we barely got any rain on us. You look fine." Alex and I both reassured her. She was going to continue her fit if it wasn't for the supermodels that walked in, they looked as of they just finished filming a raincoat commercial.

I heard girls squeal as the boys in their group passed by, Catherine included. Boys were also eyeing the only two girls in the group. I wasn't really affected by their looks as the other students were.

I was thinking and then I got over the fact that they're vampires. 'They don't look dangerous... and I'm a vampire too, so why should I be surprised? They also seem like they want to fit in with humans, if that's the case then Cath, Alex, Jimmy... They should all be fine.'