𝑻𝑾𝑶

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑶  ߊ  𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐽𝑂𝑈𝑅𝑁𝐸𝑌

"Forever." "Always."

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

ON A COLD NIGHT MANY YEARS AGO, a servant woman had found her wandering around her family's estate. She'd been prompted to return to bed, though after enduring the child's small tantrum, they made the short journey to the room where her parents rested.

No matter how many years it had been, she could still remember the tapestry of the walls, the decorations on the windows, and the smell of her home. A home that would never be forgotten.

A door opened, the grip on her hand tightening as a scream escaped the older woman's lips. She couldn't help it as a soft whimper escaped her when the servant woman yanked on her arm, twirling her around.

But the damage had already been done. 

The room ... the room.

She pulled herself out of the woman's grasp, turning back to her parent's bed. 

A blood curdling scream shattered the night sky as magic exploded into their world. She was burning, hotter and deadlier than she had ever experienced. Flames licked at her body, across her skin and veins. It surged through the room, exposing and devouring every shadow in sight ⸺ banishing it from their world. 

Her sister sat up from their parent's bed, drenched in a revolting and unmistakable— unforgettable, liquid.

Blood.

Putrid blood coated her parent's bed and was matted into her sister's golden curls. Fire raced across the walls and floor, shattering the windows. Her sister began to cry, begging for their parents to wake up. But they wouldn't move nor would they ever again. 

The longer she stared at them, the quicker truth was read to her soul, across planes and worlds. 

Laying peacefully in their own beds, the prince and princess of Terresan were dead, their throats slit from ear to ear.

She continued to scream, again and again and again. Fire and magic she hadn't ever experienced bursting and exploding in rageful and unintentional assaults, shaking the room, the world.