𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 | 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐻𝐴𝑅𝐿𝑂𝑇𝑆

"Over my dead body

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

SHE AWOKE THAT MORNING TO AN ASSAILANT.  The unfamiliar figure grasped at her arm, their nails piercing her skin in a lethal attack. She reacted with a lethal kick, sweeping the persons feet and lunging for their neck. 

Her scarred hands wrapped around their throat and she watched as dark brown eyes bulged, fear in their gaze. She squeezed her fingers tighter, teeth pulled into a growl. 

Death would not claim her.

"My lady!" a voice yelled. Feminine, hurried, panicked. "Go get the captain. Hurry!"

That was when the darkness broke from around her. She was in her new room, surrounded by bustling maids and the person beneath her was...a young girl. 

Gasping in disbelief, she hurriedly released the girl, horror growing in her stomach. 

The poor child was gasping for air, a small hand clawing at her bruised throat. A rush went around the room as her fellow servants lent her aid. They each looked at her in terror, eyes wandering to the scares that littered her body, the bandages that she still wore.

A disgusting pit settled inside of her. 

Noise came from outside before Chaol came bursting in, urgency in his step. He took a glance at the maid on the ground, then to her hunched position standing far away, a huddle of maids in the middle between, as if to protect the girl from her. 

"What the hell happened?"

She was shaking then. She couldn't look at him. Couldn't look at any of them. 

"Make them leave." Her fingers clenched together as nausea swept her away. "Get them out."

Chaol silently inspected her. Whatever he found in her countenance must have been enough for him to say, "You're all dismissed."