// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part nine

»»——⍟——««

       "Gohan!" Chi-Chi called out in worry. She had been unable to find her son all morning, and he was late for school. And because he was gone, Goku ended up having to fly Y/n to school, who was more than likely going to be late for her exams.

"Mom, he's not here. I can feel his energy really far away though." Goten, Chi-Chi's youngest son said.

"Why would he run away from home? I don't understand, I did everything I could to make him happy!" Chi-Chi said, her eyes watering. She had been quick to blame it on Y/n, going up the mountain at the crack of dawn to give Y/n an earful. It was only when Goku stepped in that Y/n realized what was going on.

"Do you know why Gohan ran away?" Y/n asked as she looked up to Goku, trying not to get her hair in his face. Goku shrugged his shoulders, staring into the distance. He didn't look even the slightest bit worried.

"Nope. I can feel his energy, and he doesn't seem to be in any distress or fighting. I'm sure he had a good enough reason to leave, and he'll come back sooner or later." Goku said. Y/n looked at him with a raised brow, partly wondering if Goku truly did care for his sons.

She didn't say anything though, patiently waiting as the school slowly came into view. It wasn't long before Goku was dropping Y/n off right in the center of the school grounds, earning the odd pair everyone's attention. Y/n sighed and sweat dropped, forcing a smile.

"Thanks, Goku. I'll be through with school at 4, don't forget to pick me up." Y/n said. She waved goodbye to him, rushing into the building, praying she wasn't too late. And whatever god was listening seemed to answer her prayer as she rushed into class right on time.

»»——⍟——««

Gohan was quick to recognize the small town of Papaya, out in the southern islands. Gohan had to guess Videl and her father were in the area to prepare for another World Tournament, set to happen three years from now. Gohan could bet that Mr. Satan wanted to get as early a start as possible for rigging the event. Especially now that he had Majin Buu at his side, who he would undoubtedly use.

Landing on a hotel balcony, Gohan hoped he had the right one based on where Videl was. He knocked on the glass, waiting a few seconds. Suddenly, the curtains inside swung open, startling him as his eyes met Videl's dark eyes. She gasped, opening the sliding door, immediately giving Gohan an earful.

"Gohan, what are you doing here!? Aren't you supposed to be in school right now!?" She exclaimed, grabbing his wrist and dragging him inside. Gohan chuckled nervously, knowing Videl had a point. His attendance record was not the best.

"I-I... I wanted to see you." He stuttered. Videl looked up at him in confusion, wondering why Gohan would go so much out of his way to see her. He could have waited for her to return, she had made sure to be back in time for the end of the school year.

"Why? Did you get tired of Y/n? I thought she was your best friend." Videl said as she crossed her arms, turning away from him. She felt somewhat bad for pulling Y/n into Videl's problem, but Videl felt like she had been slighted. It wasn't fair to her that Y/n had stolen all of Gohan's attention and time.

"Videl, you're both my best friends. I'm sorry if I made you feel like you weren't." Gohan said as he placed his hands on her shoulders. He turned her around to face him, looking into Videl's eyes. He could tell she was upset and hurt, he had gotten to know Videl well enough to be able to see when she was genuinely hurt.