Prologue

"Father! help me--" a slap stopped me from calling him.

" I am not your father, and you're an ill-fated child born from that dirty woman."

My father, an emperor, turned his back away from me and walked toward his seat. He never blinked an eye for me, and the knights brought me to the basement where my father locked up all the prisoners. My knees were numb as I could not stand, and my lips kept drying from thirst. I heard footsteps walking through my jail. I saw a familiar person that I never thought would be the one who caused this miserable life of mine. She looked at me with an evil expression and mocked me like I was a lowly cowardly human.

"Poor Estelle, you will die later in the hands of your...real father", she said mockingly.

"I did not make any mistakes to you, Arielle. Why did you do this to me? I treat you like my own sister and give you the love you never had as you grew up in a different home. I-I loved you with all my heart and Father." I tell this as my tears keep falling.

"Estelle, you are the dumbest and most clueless person I have encountered. Why did I do this to you? Simple answer, because I don't want you! I want all the things you have! The affection of the emperor, the kingdom, the people, and all your treasures. The only thing I can't get from you is that you are the real daughter of the emperor. Is it fun? The one who will kill you later is your father, and the one that the emperor will kill is his real daughter." she keeps saying this while laughing so hard.

"So Estelle, be good and die quietly as you bring that truth to your grave, understand?" were the last words I heard from her that kept my bones chilling from fear. 

The time had come when all the people were waiting for my execution, and my father was sitting on his chair while watching me how I would die in front of him. As soon as my head got chopped, suddenly I woke up in my bed like nothing's happened. I looked in the mirror and I saw myself as a four-year-old girl. I came back to the past where I am still the princess that lives in Daizelle Castle, a part of the Nurean Empire where the former empress lived before.

"My Lady! are you alright?", suddenly a maid came into my room and was worried about me.

"Jessie?", I know this maid. She is the only one who save me from the stones thrown by the people at me and got killed by them. The poor maid was killed also by the people of Nurean because of me.

"Yes, My Lady! is there anything you want? I am so worried about you because you got a fever for the last two days and it keeps you from crying while sleeping.", said while crying. 

"I am okay sister Jessie--", I stopped because my stomach was rumbling.

"Oh, My Lady you are hungry right now, wait for me I'll prepare food for you to eat", she quickly gets out of my room to prepare my food.

Now that I think of it, I came back to the past and this was the time that my father never visited me once in a while because the empress who was my mother, was never loved by him as she was not royalty or noble. She was only a simple country girl who was sold off by her parents for marriage. My mother was a beautiful and gentle empress, that's the only I know because I only heard it from the maids here. If my mother was like that why the emperor never showed any love for her? Why did he choose to make my mother live here in this castle where there were only two maids and one butler? The castle was not fit for an empress because the things here were broken and they were so old. Every time a maid from the Main Castle comes is always been rude to my servants here. They treat us like trash that should never exist.

I, Estelle Mariah Augustus, will not waste this life, survive,  and escape from this place.

'