Best Co-Star

Kartik:

"Will you stop it now? How many more times will you read it? Come and chill with us."

As usual kriti yells at me for working. She thinks that I over work and than over think about my work. She might be right but I will never admit it to her.

I did a non stop shoot of 10 hours and now I am reading lines for my other movie but in my defence I have to be ready in 2 days to give my best shot for this scene. IT IS IMPORTANT!!

"Neither Sattu nor Shehzada look good onscreen if he's busy looking like a panda or a raccoon with big dark circles."

I smirk at her. I mean yeah I have started having dark circles but makeup is a magic tool which can hide any scar. Woah. A line to add in a scene. *mentally back clapping myself*

But for her sake I keep my phone on the table and sit with her and our team.

There are people with whom you have a good relation and you're even comfortable around them. But than there are people who make you feel like you're at home no matter where you are.

Latter half are rare to find in this industry and I feel lucky I found mine. My team and few co stars like Kriti.

"You know I don't get dark circles right?"

It's untrue but I love riling her up.

"You don't have dark circles, you don't fart, you don't burp, what the hell is wrong with you!?"

A statement I've heard way too many times from her.

I laugh and say "My hair gets volume from that air."

"Eww"

I laugh again at her response.

The rest of the team is chilling and enjoying the cool breeze and beer.

Kriti is on her 1st and last glass of wine because she's a cheap drinker really meanwhile I am drinking coffee.

"So..... You think you know me too well huh?" I ask her.

She said on Koffee with Karan that one reason she wouldn't date me is because she knows me too well.

"Huh?" She asks looking all confused and......well... Cute.

"Koffee with Karan... One reason you wouldn't date me...."

Her eyebrows rise as she realises what I am talking about.

She laughs and says "yeah that is true... I know you too well to ever date you."

Ouch still hurts.

"I don't think it's true. Also why on earth would you want to date Aditya Roy Kapur?"

I don't really know him to say something like this about him but.... She should give me a chance before she dates him... After all... I am her friend and he's not.

"Arey...What is it with you? Besides my answers were better than yours when people were asking you about Sara and Ananya."

Annnnnd we're back at it again. Granted I didn't know how to hide my expressions in real life and my face says it all... Granted I am still like that. But Kriti knew what was going on in my life. Whereas I... I am still unsure what is going on in her mind. Is she really planning to date him or was that just a safe answer. I hope it's the latter.

I ignore her Sara and Ananya topic because we've been through this and she loves to tease me.

"So are you planning on going to this date with him?"

"Ummmmm I don't know. Haven't made up my mind yet. I mean... He is tall."

Another punch on gut. Granted I am not as tall as he is but I have a good height and I am still taller than kriti... She needs a tall guy for herself and I can be that for her.

Eventually the conversation diverts to some easy topics... Family friends tiny gossips.

We both have same family culture and values which again makes easy for me to talk to her about my family if there is something to talk about. She understands if I tell her that my mom didn't like this or that in my movie or in general for a particular reason.

After maybe half an hour we all get up to go to our homes.

I maybe have a little crush on Kriti but I know I am not ready for a relationship right now and it will be cruel to loose what Kriti and I have right now. But one thing I can say with utmost surety is Kriti is by far my Best Co Star.