Shehzadi to my Shehzada

Kartik:

We're in our car... Kriti and I... Alone.. and I feel like an idiot because I want to say so much... So many things running through my head... How much I wanna make up to the time we've lost because of my stupidity.. I want to hug her so bad.

She is sitting right next to me but she's not looking at me.. she's looking outside the window. She's upset with me and I deserve that. But I'll do anything in my power to win her back.

Usually we end up getting into the same car and I drop her home. We're doing the same thing again because we both didn't want anyone in our team or on set to think that there is a tension between us... Although her silence is saying otherwise..

She's not even looking at me... She smiled at the paps when we're coming out of the set. A huge and heavy guilt pangs my heart. It's because of me that she's upset but this time I won't run away from my love life or 'the love of my life'. She makes me want to be a better person and I will die proving that nobody will love her more than me.

We stop as we reach outside her apartment complex.

"Thanks for the ride" with that she left my car without giving me a chance to say anything.

I look at the paps who are snapping and standing outside the complex waiting for the controversy. Fuck it. Our dating rumours are going to be in the news, might as well make them real.

I run after her inside the building but her elevator is already on the first floor.

I climb up the stairs. When I finally catch her she's just outside her door looking for her keys in the purse.

I was being a hero when I thought I would confess my undying love to her whereas right now I am dying out of breath without getting my chance to speak.

"Krit-..... Wai...wait"

I yell clearly out of breath. Way to get the girl.

"Kartik!? What are you doing here? Did I forget something?" She comes to me clearly in shock of my unexpected appearance.

When I finally have enough goddamn air to speak something I look up to her. My chest is still heaving but my heart is picking up a massive speed just looking at her.

"Yeah. Yes you forgot something."

"What?"

I lift my hands up. My hands are itching to touch her, to hold her but instead I pick my own ears.

"I am sorry" I try to make the cutest face possible but I know she's way to smart and way more deserving than just that."

She's silent for few beats.

"I...... I just don't know what to say to you sometimes."

"Than let me help you... Please say yes."

"Yes to what?"

"Yes to go on a date with me."

She shakes her head... Tears forming in her eyes and it's breaking my fucking heart.

"First you push me away and than expect me to go on a date with you? Why?"

"I pushed you away because I know you deserve a lot better than someone like me. Someone who's always anxious about his career thinking one flop movie and the world will forget him. A workaholic maniac like me... But... You make me a better person and I want to be that better person for you... And frankly I am selfish too... Selfish enough to not let you go. When I heard that you went on a date with someone else I just couldn't take it anymore... I agree that my realisation is based on a a petty feeling like jealousy but I swear to you... I have never felt this way before.