3

---------- three

shots and salsa ----------

"I am not the walrus!"

The girl sighed as she slumped through the automatic doors. Removing her earphones, Max approached the duo of colleagues that had not yet scattered off to work. "You're late." Jonah scolded, the male smirked as she lifted off her sunglasses to reveal a 'hung-over' type look.

"I would rather eat a fork than do Glenn's stupidly long, morning chant." The ginger grumbled, tying her knotted hair back into a low ponytail.

"Long night?" Garett pumped his eyebrows at her.

"It's not what you think." She assured as they followed into the breakroom, "My dad is staying at my apartment, and he can't sleep without listening to 'The Beatles', which is fine. I mean, I also like to listen to music to help me sleep. But he...He snores along to the rhythm and it's killing me!"

"He snores to the rhythm while he's asleep? That's weirdly cool."

"Not when you're trying to sleep in the next room." Max snapped, putting on her vest, "I'll admit, I cried a little bit."

"Wow, human emotion?" Jonah joked, knocking shoulders with her, "I didn't know you were capable of that."

"Ha-ha, very funny."

"Why don't you just stay with someone else until he's gone?"

"Because it's my dad. We have a really good relationship and I can't just leave him." She huffed, "Anyways, thank you for listening to my problems we, unfortunately have jobs to do. I'll see you lovies later, bye."

----------

Garett and Jonah observed the woman putting on a fake accent, along with the barely conscious Max and grouchy Amy. "She is from Kansas City. Why is she talking like Speedy Gonzales?" The floor manager complained, "I should say something to her."

"Absolutely not." Garett disagreed, "Do not get involved in things that don't concern you. People here are quick sand. They will suck you in."

"So you're saying never help anyone?" Jonah jumped in.

"I'm saying don't help anyone in this store. Within these walls, helping is quicksand."

"You know, it's funny you mention walls. Because that summer that I spent doing Habitat for Humanity, I was literally building-..." Jonah was cut off by the three groaning, "What?"

"You know, you find ways to work that into conversations a lot." Amy pointed out, "I try not to say the words 'Hammer' or 'Roof' when I'm around you."

"One time you got there from Hugh Laurie." Garett furthered.