Mountain Roads

"Slow down!" Taffy screamed as Brain pulled his snazzy car around a hairpin turn. "You'll kill us before we're married for one day."

"Nothing to sweat about, my love," the young man grinned, pulling the same maneuver on the next turning.

As she leaned back into her seat, Taffy realized Brian was far more intoxicated than she realized. Perhaps they should have waited until the next afternoon to leave. It would have given him time to sober up.

"At least let me take the wheel," she suggested as the car swayed across the line.

"Noooo," Brian elongated the word. Turning to face his new bride, he only saw a blur of her.

"Yes, and I mean it, Brian. Let me drive."

"All right, all right."

Pressing his foot firmly on the brakes, he abruptly halted the little blue Spider. Taffy felt the back wheels lift from the road before settling back down.

"You're drunk, Brian," the young lady exclaimed, flinging her door open.

"No worse than you," he answered, grasping the wheel with white knuckles.

"Correction: I didn't drink as much as you did. I switched to juice after the toasts."

"Smart ass."

Instead of responding, Taffy stuck her tongue out.

With the new Mrs. Sinclair at the convertible's wheel, the rest of the trip was uneventful.