PREFACE

I LOOK AT THEM IN THE EYE.

A fire raging within them, stronger than anything that I've felt before. I can do this. I need to do this. 

I look at my friends - those brave enough to venture with me - and my stomach crawls to find them unconscious, black blood oozing out of their wounds. They are here because of me. I need to do something.

However, against my will, my eyes travel towards the body suspending in between life and death.

It is my friends or her. 

An impossible decision. With so little time. I close my eyes, making sure that I could do this. That this is the right decision. 

"Sorry," I whisper to no one in particular. Either way, it is a sacrifice. 

I stalk towards the monsters prowling around in the dark. I clutch the pendant in my hand, and I look at them, not even trying to filter the pure fear my eyes hold. I am scared of them, and they know it. But I cannot let them use this to their advantage.

I throw the pendant in the air. 

And I instantly know I made the wrong decision.

Author's Note: I am so sorry that this is so short, because this is the preface. Also, I like teasing you with short chapters so you just want more. But, you have to wait until tommorow to get Chapter 1, and then on Monday you need to wait because *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* If you don't want to find out how mean I can get, turn away RIGHT NOW.

There will be an epic cliffhanger in your future. Mwahahahhahaaha