NITA

So-this is short because like I said - I don't have enough time to write longer chapters, so make sure to vote!

Trigger Warnings: Graphic Violence

I SCREAM AS I WATCH THE BLOOD MONSTERS TAKE THEIR FIRST VICTIMS.

   A little girl, ripped brutally into two. The murderer then takes a long drink from her blood, the golden veins slightly glowing under their red skin.

   Ria, I think her name is - was. The thought of just referring to her in the past tense makes my blood coil.

  I rush out of my room, down the stairs, out of the door, straight into the House of Elders perched on the back of the village. Far from the blood monsters. I burst in, ice cold fear clamping around my heart.

  "Elder Poignant!" I shout, laced with desperation. Elder Poignant runs toward me, her eyes as wide as saucers.

  "What-is that...?" she whispers. I nod my head and she covers her mouth with her hand. Rushing outside with me in tow, she watches the horror unfold. 

  House after house, the blood monsters show no mercy. They suck the blood from every human that stands in their way, slowly growing stronger. Finally, they reach my house, where my mother and father are hiding out.

   Panic overwhelms me and with a rush of adrenaline, I sprint toward them, my legs working furiously. I stumble over a rock, but I keep going. Just a little longer. 

  I crash to the ground, skidding sideways. My foot gets lodged under the rubble. I try to pull out but it has something heavier there, making any effort useless. 

  I can only watch with horror as they pick up my parents,  ripping off limb after limb, licking the trickle of blood trickling out of them. 

  I shriek, "No!"

  But it is too late. They are gone.