1

"Jongho?"

You couldn't believe it was the same person you'd seen a year ago- a year that had probably felt like the longest of your life- and for good reasons.

"Is that... you? Yeosang's sister?"

You nodded absently as you scanned the man in front of you, his hair no longer the dark shade that you were so used to but an exciting shade of red- you never thought he'd dye his hair one day. He was broader in built now too, and just looked... more mature.

But as he smiled at you, you realised he was the same person you fell in love with.

"Oh- you've met Jongho," Yeosang patted your back, urging you to get inside, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I live with Jongho now- I knew you'd insist on staying elsewhere, but I just have to keep you to myself. After all, I've missed you so much," he pinched your cheek, shutting your open mouth close but it fell open in surprise again, which changed into annoyance.

"You really should have told me, I feel like an intruder now. Are you sure there's even a spare room?"

"There is," Yeosang assured you, "Don't worry, Minnie. Jongho didn't know either."

Minnie being the nickname Yeosang made official for you- from mini, since you looked like the mini version of Yeosang. A clever play on his part, and you liked it, got used to it being called more than your real name since every one of your brother's friends called you that.

"You should have told me, we could have prepared something," Jongho urged you to step inside and you finally did, letting him take your bags, "How was your journey?"

"Uh, good," you managed to say, still pissed at your elder brother for not telling you about the circumstances of his apartment, specifically that it was being shared, "Yeosang, can I have a word with you?"

"And that's my cue to disappear," Jongho laughed and you passed a weak smile, saying you'd scold him on his behalf too. He said he'd be in the kitchen preparing food and left, while you glared at your brother with hands on your hips.

"Seriously, Yeosang? I should throw you out of this very apartment."

"Oh, come on, stop being so dramatic," Yeosang rolled his eyes, "You've known Jongho since you were a kid, what's wrong?"

Nothing. Just that your feelings for him might resurface.

"You know I don't like surprises, and... I could have lived with my friend, Yeosang."

"I got this apartment so when you move to college, you can live with me," Yeosang grabbed you by your shoulders, "Jongho won't be staying here forever. He had a problem with his dorm, that's why I asked him to stay with me."

"I don't mind him," you assured him, "I just mind the fact that you didn't tell me beforehand."

"I'm sorry," Yeosang pouted, "Will you be okay? Do you want me to kick Jongho out?"

"I heard that!" Jongho, who was passing by with the plates, setting them on the table, yelled, "What do you say, Minnie, we kick Yeosang out? Give him a taste of his own medicine?"

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," you pretended to think about it and Yeosang slapped your arm.

"That means you're alright. Come on now, enough with the drama. Tell me, how's mom and dad?"

You sat down with the two boys, telling Yeosang about your parents back home, telling him how much they missed their son who hadn't been back for a few months now, hearing the stories of your college from Jongho and Yeosang- miraculously, most of Yeosang's friends had gotten in the same college albeit different departments and you'd follow there, the college being the best and closest to your home. Yeosang and Jongho told you how excited all of their friends were that you were coming to the same college and would be living close by.