six.

"hey matt, this was on the porch for you." chris called up for his brother. matt came down the stairs, confused. 

"i didn't order anything." he said, catching sight of the paper bag in chris's hand. 

"yeah, but this has your name on it." chris handed him the bag. "might wanna open it." he added before leaving matt downstairs. matt looked at the paper bag in his hand, immediately recognizing the handwriting on it. making his way toward the kitchen island, matt opened the bag to find two notes and pug keychain. 

one of the notes says 'OPEN THIS ONE FIRST' in big letters, so naturally, matt opens it first. 

hi matt, 

so you're probably wondering why the fuck i just left this on your porch. basically, i remembered something last night. like i had a full flashback of something that happened between us. it was when you gave me the necklace on valentine's day. after i remembered that, i found the keychain and another note on my desk, that i'm guessing i wrote maybe a day or so before the accident. read the note and you'll understand the keychain. 

- evie.

matt reads the second note, nearly coming to tears afterward. of course his evie would get him a pug keychain for their first anniversary of dating. matt laughed to himself. knowing that evelyn remembered the valentine's day exchange made him feel a lot better about how soon evelyn would be better.

how soon he would get his evie back. 

but also made him feel worse about how soon she would realize that it was all matt's fault. that matt was driving the car. that matt didn't swerve in time. that matt was the one who broke her. 

maha speaks :)

DOUBLE UPDATE YEAAA 

just to let you know, this book will have four to seven more chapters depending on how i decide evie to find out