4.

Let me just say I've had a really bad morning

Let me just say I've had a really bad morning. It was as if the ending of one bad thing was the beginning of another, like a fucked up chain reaction. But nothing prepared me for the surprise waiting for me in class. It first started with Seyi's punishment.

Her problem?

I messed up her sister's indomie.

The frustrating thing was that neither Seun wanted it nor complained about it, she didn't want to eat (which is a good thing, I may hate her but I don't wish that fate on anyone) but Seyi just had to be a good twin and order me to kneel down and raise up my hands in her dorm room.

Aproko

So this is the order of my morning;
Seyi's punishment resulted in me being late for morning mass,
Being late for morning mass resulted in me being punished to pick the school field,
Being punished to pick the school field resulted in me being late for breakfast,
Being late for breakfast resulted in me not getting breakfast at all because the refectory was cleaned up by the time I got there and I didn't have the mind to meet Sis. Bethany to explain because it would only result in me being chased away by cane.

So Yeah. Right now, I'm rushing to class so that I won't be late for Literature class. If I am, that would be another item to add to my bad morning. Our teacher ( who's name I haven't memorized) won't allow me to enter class. I still wanna know the genius that thought putting Literature first period was a great idea. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the man's class but it been the first one hour of your morning, Tuesday morning for that matter. You haven't finished thinking of how you'll digest the eba and watery tasteless soup you're having for lunch, it's now literature you want to handle early in the morning.
For an hour
But at least it's better than having it before a free period, cuz that's 45 minutes+ 45 minutes, doing the maths will equal to 1hr 30mins of Literature. God help you if the teacher meant to teach after the free period doesn't show up. That'll be 2hr 25mins of endless talk and questions about books no one cares to read, then it'll drift off to some gist about marriage and not trusting a guy that haven't paid your bride price. You know, the normal stuff.

Anyway, I got to class, thanking God when I didn't hear my teacher explaining but as l entered, realized that our guidance counselor, Mrs. Giwa, was in class with... Her.

Surprised was a slight understatement.

"Ginika, why are you late to class?" Mrs. Giwa asked. Everyone's attention immediately went to me, including the cause of my surprise.
"I had to wait to take my drugs in the sickbay." I lied.
"Sit down." I immediately obliged but my attention was still fixed on the white girl standing in front of class, everyone's was. The white girl that caused my chain reaction of bad luck. Apart from her extremely fair skin, her blonde hair and light eye colour stood out.
"Thank you for your help ma." She said
"It's okay my dear, now go and sit down. You can meet me if you have any problem, okay?"
"Okay."
" Don't make any noise."