Prologue

"Why can't I come with you?" The five-year old whined to his parents as they were about to board their ship on the dock.

"You know why sweetheart," said his mother, bending down and looking him in the eye. "We have to go to search treasure and the journey is to dangerous for a child like you." She gently stroked his messy hair, which was red like hers.

The boy pouted, not wanting to believe it.

"She's right, son," said his father, bending down as well. "But cheer up. You get to stay with Captain Clawssend and his family.

The boy still pouted, but it lessened a little. They did have a point.

"But I still want to go," he whined.

"I wish we could Aaron," said his mother. "But we can't. Maybe when you are older. I promise that right when we get back we'll take you sailing to wherever you want."

"Ok," the boy said excitedly, all previous anger forgotten. He loved going on a sailing trips with his parents and their crew.

"That's a good boy," said his mother. "Now you be good to Captain and Mrs. Clawssend and we'll be back soon. Bye Aaron."

"Bye Mommy, Bye Daddy," said Aaron as his parents drew him into hug.

The couple then drew away and, after saying farewell to the black cat captain and his own son, went aboard their ship.

Aaron, joined by Captain and Mrs. Clawssend and their children, waved goodbye to the ship and its crew as it left the Skull Island port.

As the ship was getting farther away, Aaron's smile fell. He still wished he could join his parents and search for buried treasure.

"Don't worry Aaron," said his friend Thomas, who was three years older than him and Clawssend's son. "They will back before you know it." As the son of a captain himself, he was familiar with stuff like this.

Aaron smiled and nodded. Thomas was right, for as long as he could remember his parents always came back. He just wished he was old enough to be a pirate like them, Uncle Lucky Jack, and the rest of the crew. Until then all he could do was imagine it until the day came.

He didn't know though, that this day would be the last day he would see his parents, and most of their crew, again.