Chapter 1

Aaron
10 Years Later

Aaron's eyes opened as the boat he was on rocked to the side. Looking around in confusion he saw that he was in a cot in a prison cell. Not alone though, for there was mother bunk with his best friend/adopted brother Thomas on it, who was still fast asleep, unlike him.

Suddenly, he remembered where they were: the prison brig of a ship, and not just any ship! An Armada ship! They were both taken prisoner because they got caught in a naval battle.

Honestly, he wasn't expecting to get into that at all. He only suggested to Thomas that they sneak aboard a ship, because he wanted to leave Scrimshaw, where they and Thomas's mother had been living in poverty ever since Thomas father had been killed by the Armada six years ago.

They did not know that the ship's captain was wanted by the Armada, so weren't expecting the ship to be invaded by Armada soldier, causing a naval battle to ensue!

As soon as he heard the sounds of the battle, Aaron ran to join in, despite Thomas warning him not to as he followed after him.

Looking back on that, he should have listened. If he did they wouldn't be where they were now: locked up and on their way to Valencia to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

This was not how his life was supposed to go. He should have been living the life of a pirate, like his parents. After all, he was the son of the great pirate Captain Charles Steel. Instead, he was going to be a prisoner. Just great.

"Come on, beautiful," Thomas said, sleepily.

Snapped from his thoughts, Aaron turned questioningly to his pal. The guy was still asleep, and talking in it too. From the sound of it he appeared to be dreaming that he was on a date with a beautiful female.

"You know I like that," he said smoothly. "Right there."

Ok, I heard enough, thought Aaron as he immediately got up and went over to Thomas's cot. Stuff like that was not something he was old enough to hear, despite the fact that he was only 15. 

"Thomas," he said loudly, roughly shaking his friends shoulder. "Thomas wake up!"

Thomas woke up with a snort. Then, with a yawn and stretch he sat up and looked around groggily.

"Why did you have to wake me up?" He asked Aaron, annoyed. "I was dreaming that I was with a beautiful exotic Persian."

"I know," Thomas said. "For you were talking in your sleep."

"Was I?" he asked curiously. "Well I apologize for that, but still it was great dream. Better than our current predicament."

"Again I'm really sorry about that," said Aaron.

"I should have just convinced to not go on ship," said Thomas. "Then we would never be in this problem."

"I know," Aaron said with a sigh. "But you know I just can't help stowing away on a ship of getting into a sword fight. It's in my blood as a pirate after all."

"Yeah I understand," said Thomas, sighing. "I have known you since forever. Plus, don't forget I have pirate blood too, so I also I get that feeling."

Aaron smiled, which Thomas returned. In that moment any anger between them was gone. Nothing could break their brotherly bond.

Although you wouldn't guess they were brothers by looking at them. While Aaron was 15 year old human boy with messy red hair, fair skin, and green eyes, Thomas was an 18 year old anthromorphic black cat with Amber eyes. In addition, their class types were totally different; Aaron was a privateer and Thomas was a musketeer, like his dad.