Chapter Five: Dream

Lisa Manoban

______ I was 11 and she was 12 _______

"Ouch! Can you be more gentle! " I groaned in pain as Jennie harshly put an ointment on my bruised lips..

We are currently sitting on my bed after my first ever Taekwondo fight earlier at school.. I've been training and learning a lot for the whole year and it was all worth it when I fought earlier.. It was the best experience I ever had..

I competed earlier this afternoon with our rival school and thankfully, I won.. I got a gold medal but it's Taekwondo so I can't help it.. I tried my best to not get injured but in the end.. The opponent luckily throwed the kick right on my face and I accidentally bit my lip that time so I ended up bleeding..

Other than my bruised lips, there's nothing more injured in me and I am very thankful to that.. But to Jennie here.. It was all worse..

She didn't watch my first ever match because she said that if she saw me got hit by my enemy.. She might run to the stadium and hit my enemy back for hitting me.. That would be embarrassing so I let her wait for me back stage where she can't see anything that's happening..

Everyone was so happy because I won the gold medal, even my family but Jennie being the stubborn one is not.. She was glaring at me while my mom put the medal around my neck.. She wasn't happy at all that I win when she saw my lips bleeding..

We headed home immediately and I was surprised when Jennie barge into my room.. She was holding a huge medicine kit and obviously, she is overreacting right now.. It's just my lips that got bruised! It wasn't even because of the enemy! It's not like I'm gonna die! Literally, this Mandu is pissing me right now..

"Sit! " she commanded and I sat.. She took out some ointments and a piece of cotton buds so she can put it on my lips... Harshly! She's not even being gentle.. I swear she's doing it on purpose!

"Y-yah... It h-hurts.. " I tried to move away but she smack my head and made me still.. I couldn't argue back anymore..

"Shut up or I'll give you more bruises" she said in her serious tone.. She move a little closer to my face as she put the ointment on my lips.. She's so close that I can feel her breathing to my face..

She's so close, she's so close! Heart be quiet! I don't want to get exposed!

I gulped hard as I saw her face so close.. Why is this ugly Mandu glowing in front of me.. Why is her face so clean today?... There my heart beats like it'll explode anytime soon.. Why is it like this? If feels like I'm going to die.. It feels like I'm inside the space shuttle although I'm not.. It feels so extreme like I am going to explode..

"Ar-Aren't you done? Go away from me" I said as I look away.. I heard her scoff and move away from me probably done by putting the ointments..

"You're so stupid.. You're pissing me off" she said as put back her things inside the medicine kit..

"And you're annoying.. You shouldn't watch me fight next time.. " I said that made her glare at me..

"Next time?! You still want to fight after getting hurt like this?! Are you really out of your mind?! " she raised her voice that made me cower in fear.. She's suppose to be funny when she's mad, why is she scary right now...

"Y-yah, it's not even a huge bruise.. It's not like I broke a leg or an arm.. I am fine" I said that made her scoff in disbelief.. She stood in front of me as she put both of her hands on her waist like a thug..