Chapter 1

Wei Wuxian was never one to be attracted to shiny objects, he wasnt a crow, but there was something about this ring that called to him. It looked like a ring his shije would wear if she was still around today. A spherical delicate peony pink gem sat in the middle of a golden band with an indecipherable engraving wrapping around the inner band. It also turns out to be his size. Wei Wuxian didnt really wear jewellery out of fear of losing them in his many adventures, but he liked the look of this one.

Ill be taking this. He declared as he stared at the ring on his finger, the colour complementing his skin tone just right. Lan Jingyi also joined in decluttering this time, but it was more like punishment for speaking out of turn, and the youth merely raised an eyebrow to silently signal that he knew of Wei Wuxians real intentions. To decipher the engraving! The elder defended. It could be evil or cursed!

Thats why you are wearing it? You want to be cursed? The youth shot back.

I said it could be! No harm in trying it.

*

After the whole double Lan Wangji fiasco, one would think that Wei Wuxian had learned his lesson on taking random artefacts from storage.

His husband was not even surprised when he turned up at the Jingshi with a new ring around his finger and staring at it like he was being hypnotised. Lan Wangji knew from last time to let Wei Wuxian dwell on his fixation until it goes away, or something will happen as a result of it. But he was surprised this time to find that his husband could still function in normal tasks like eating and bathing without a staring contest with the ring. He was even able to even help him mark the papers from the tub. However, he only managed to read through two papers before realising that they were longer than he expected, so he graded the last one before turning around and sinking deeper into the tub.

They fell into a comfortable silence with the occasional sound of water splashing from the former.

And then, trouble happened.

The water began to rapidly bubble and turning pink around Wei Wuixan.

Ahhhhh! Wei Wuxian screamed as he stood up from the tub, nearly splashing pink water onto the papers if it wasnt for Lan Wangjis quick thinking. LAN ZHANNNNN! There was panic in his voice as he stumbled out of the tub and to the mirror. Lan Wangji was instantly worried that he was hurt, so he followed behind obediently.

Wei Ying? He could see the others face from the mirror, and Wei Wuxian looked like he was close to tears. Dread filled his chest, and Lan Wangji slowly approached his partner to put one reassuring hand on his shoulder to turn him around. But Wei Wuxian refused to follow the flow of his hand, choosing to stare at a certain part of the mirror. That was when Lan Wangji looked over his shoulder and felt his blood run cold.

Wei Wuxian was flat!

Instead of something hanging between his legs, there was nothing! It was gone!

LAN ZHANNN! WHERE DID IT GO? Wei Wuxian wailed as he gestured between his legs. All he could see was a smooth slit instead of his hanging parts. My didi is gone! He fell to his knees as he rubbed his forehead in frustration.

CONTINUE at chapter 2 guys~