Chapter 195: Seon-Ho/ Seo Yeon

My body had turned cold and empty without my family. I looked down at my hands that held my son's new bow and my daughter's new books that she had been asking for a long time in return for her good marks. Tears ran down my face as she finally passed her tests with flying colours so I finally bought it for her. My wife's scent was all over my body as I tried not to get myself wet in the rain to no avail. Who knows when I would see the family I worked so hard to get ever again.

I was getting tired of my duties in the palace but I swore to stay alert so I could fight this crazy bitch and get her out of our lives once and for all. As for Yeon...she knew what my mark meant. If she wasn't as strong and intelligent as Yeon was I should've done a better job of pushing her away for our family's safety. But I knew what her plan was the moment I pushed her out of that cell just by looking at her. It was going to be a long and hard journey but it was our only hope now. I just closed my eyes and hoped to Buddha that my children would forgive me. But I knew I had to wait at least Hwan was strong enough to be without her for a while. All I could do was pray that she hadn't moved them all too far away. But not even I could fight temptation as I found her at night along with my newborn who I spend time with when everybody else slept, I didn't want him to forget me at all.

I couldn't take her absence anymore; I was getting high and drink almost as much as when she first left. It was starting to interfere with what little time I could spare for my children and even my work. When I was with Yeonnie I was one of the most respected men in the palace and my career naturally flourished. But just being in Nam-Kyu's presence put a huge damper on everything, I would rather peel off my skin than live like her husband anymore. I had no idea she was this deranged or when her obsessions with me started. To see them both every day, be near Nam-Kyu and serve us food like we were a real family was completely messing with me. If one of them wasn't constantly in my face then I would have to deal with this investigation. To sleep in the same room as her, take in her disgusting scents, and even listen to the sound of her voice while she wore my wife's clothes, accessories and perfume that I specifically chose for her non-stop was sickening to me. This bitch was just like every other spoilt noble women who didn't know how to do anything at all; the wore out my servants and tried to take credit for everything they did. It was enough for me to break the promises I made to Yeon when she birthed my babies for me as I headed straight to the opium house as soon as my work in the palace was over for about 2 moths before myself and Hwi were both to be called into the palace the very next day for a meeting with Prince Bang-Gan...with my new company.

***************

I had no choice but to keep myself busy until my baby was strong enough but my brother could only help out so much as the prince's grip on him had tightened. I wanted to sound out the situation for a while to see if those bitches had sent me any more surprises before I started to write to Prince Bang-Gan who had been missing in action for a while. In fact, nobody knew where he was apart from myself due to the fact that we had always kept in contact after my wedding. He sent me a reprieve for my charges but had no choice but to send us a restraining order from Nam-Kyu, telling me that she had indeed allied herself with someone so powerful that even Bang-Gan couldn't give me my family back unless she had committed a serous crime with proof, but he did leave me a few gifts and instructions that could help me however which drew me to another point. The brother's were fighting for power once again in the wake of their father's vulnerable state, and they were going to use the Seo's against my husband to fight for the throne.

We made our way to pay our respects to the Prince, and their faces were completely priceless; the mere sight of myself alive walking into the assembly with my brother almost caused her to have a stroke whilst they were paying their own respects to there Prince, completely embarrassing my husband who always took such things seriously, but us Seo's were untouchable. I flashed him a smile which I knew would drive my husband completely crazy, and I wasn't wrong. I had managed to slip away for a couple of moments and before I knew it I felt my husband grab me by the hair and push me into an empty room. It was just like when he brought me to his home the night of our wedding, but even then he wasn't as rough as he was now. But I wasn't too alarmed by this; I knew that this is what he was like. But when I turned to look at him all I would see was a cold empty stare, yet he was still as possessive as ever "what do you think you're doing, parading yourself in front of the prince like that" he seethed. His tone of voice was already making me tremble but I know I had to fight back his warnings as much as I could if I wanted him back. I just walked up to him so close we were practically touching noses "what do you care anymore? You threw me away remember? Who cares who I parade myself in front of?" It did the trick as he pushed me against the wall, pretty hard I may add but I just carried on taunting him "you have a new devoted wife now remember? So who knows..." I ran my hands down his chest and along his arms "I may get lonely enough to want someone by my side. My children need a new father after all" I taunted him and dared to walk away. His face turned white with anger as he held me back across the room and barricaded the door before walking over to me and ripping my clothes off.

It seemed like I had him back for a short while until we heard Nam-Kyu throwing a fit trying to find him. He got dressed in a hurry whilst I took my sweet time. By the time she had managed to claw the doors open she saw me embracing my husband. She shook in rage as she grabbed her guard's dagger and made her way towards me but as I predicted, Seon-Ho caught her arm and twisted it so she dropped it. She started screaming and crying in rage and my husband had no choice but to drag her out of the palace. I made my way to my brother with the gifts Seon-Ho pushed in my hands for our children. I had to tell them that they wouldn't be able to see their father for a while as he was on a very important mission for the king that required all of his time. My son looked at me doubtfully whilst my thoughts were with Hana, who I still hadn't heard any word from. She came to us the first night we arrived safely and she let me hold her while she couldn't help but bawl her little eyes out; she wasn't used to sleeping without him tucking her into bed himself. But when we all woke up she and Chul had left, leaving behind a note that I used many times myself in the past.