One🥣

I LOVE Sundays, I HATE  Saturdays. I could wake up late on a Sunday, stay home on a Sunday. But on Saturdays? I have to wake up early, clean the whole house. Alone! And I would still go to the shop. On foot!
    But today is Sunday, so I can sit back and relax, and forget about the stupidities of this world: like working.
I feel a little guilty about missing church service, but what do I do? I left school -because of the asuu strike - with few clothes, few clothes that would have been enough for a one-month strike.
But just as a boy grows to be a man, a month strike grew to be six-months strike.

      (Curses in Chinwetalu Agu)

And so here I am enjoying this blessing in disguise. For without church clothes, thou cannot go to church, and if thou cannot go to church, thou shalt remain in thine house. Alone.

                        (Smiles in Oprah Winfrey)

"Olanna!"
Ignore it.
"Olanna!!"
This bed... so soft.
"Olanna Rose Ejike!"
On a second thought, I shouldn't ignore it.

"Ökwà I na-anü nti? Are u deaf ?" She asked me. Standing face-to-face with my mother, I can see that she's furious. Still, it's not an excuse for her face to look like a rumpled bedsheet.
"M na-èkpé ékpèrè. I was praying"
I replied, to save my bloodline.
Fortunately, she believed me and all was well, till she said: before I come back from church, pound the palm kernel, wash the periwinkle and the vegetable."
   And just like that, she took my breath away, crushing my hopes for  a stress-free Sunday.

     (Laments in Wole Soyinka)
     (Gorgeously passes out in Rihanna)

Author's note: Hi! Nice to meet you. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, if you didn't, don't hesitate to tell me why in the comments section.
And if you did, click on the star below 😊.
Have a great day!