Shadows'Palace

Getting the car was highly unnecessary since we would have to teleport anyway. But Paimon didn't want to raise suspicions so he drove for a few more meters,parked in an alley and opened a portal from there which led directly to the front door of the Shadow Palace.

It was a magnificent sight.Even though it was mostly black and dark purple the craftings on the walls and the columns were true masterpieces.Not even my palace had such fine craftsmanship. Although we did have the best painting collection in the multiverse.

Paimon opened the door and I walked in first. I was so eager to admire the rest of the palace. Truth be told,I can't even remember the last time that I visited it. Maybe it was during my first presentation to the Princes when I was reborn. But I was only a baby at that time.

But before I had a chance to ask Paimon when was my last visit,he literally fell on me

-Watch out!

We both ended up on the floor with him on top of me. I was ready to get angry at him when I suddenly saw the knife that got stuck on the wooden door. He got up quickly and he was extremely irritated.As he released me,my eyes had the chance to scan my surroundings only to see Haures at the top of the stairs playing with another knife in his hands,smirking vengefully.

-Haures! Have you gone mad?! You could have killed her

Paimon was really angry with his brother right now.

-Dont worry.I have an excellent aim.Besides my target was not only her.

-Very funny,brother,really funny.

But Haures wasn't laughing. He descended the stairs slowly as if he was threatening me with his presence and came slowly to my direction. I was a little scared. If anyone else had dared to make a deal with the Dark Queen to deliver her Thanos,Haures would kill him slowly and painfully. I couldn't decide the reason behind his patience and self control. Was it because he understands the consequences my absence would cause? Or perhaps it was his brother's emotions towards me?

A strong pain on my cheek stopped my train of thought but I didn't fight back. I deserved that slap after all.

-Haures! That's enough. She didn't come here for you to take your frustration out on her.

-No. She came because you brought her here.

-Now you are being unreasonable. We need her to remove Fate from the throne. The longer she remains in power,the more problems we will have to face.

Haures turned at me again and for a moment I thought that he was going to hit me again but instead he turned back to his room.

-It's late. Guide her to her room and tomorrow we will talk about everything. After you are done showing her her room, come find me at the nursery.

After that he left us alone and Paimon seemed a bit lost for a moment.

-That could have gone worse.

-I know. At least I am still standing.

-Eve....

-Im serious. I think he slapped me to blow off some steam because he would seriously hurt me otherwise. Come on. Let's get going.

Paimon guided me to the guest room quite fast and didn't stay to talk afterwards.He left in quite a hurry because Haures was waiting for him.

I literally fell on the bed exhausted. The mattress was quite comfortable and the bed was really big. I took out my phone to check my messages and the rush of adrenaline I felt when I read Anthony's text was enough for me to jerk up from the bed. I was on the verge of calling him when my eyes spotted his most recent text which I had missed due to my panic.