seven

Ashton:

Watching Cynthia tell my players to back up including me was undeniably attractive. I knew Rohan was going to be okay, Connor hit him hard but not hard enough to cause some major damage.

Coach Maurice cancelled the rest of practice but we have a game tomorrow at 2 until 5 or 6 depending on if we get in to overtime.

I took off my gear and put on my regular clothes which consist of sweats and a plain shirt. All the other guys left one by one until it was just me. I'm just gonna head home and get sleep because fuck I'm exhausted.

Cynthia:

I go out to meet Mandi at the front desk before I have to see the girls and guys for figure skating. I have only 15 minutes before they show up and we have practice.

The only girl on the team I like is Rayleigh who I plan on making captain after this next performance. Doing figure skating on top of helping the Elysian's on top of school plus running this place is not manageable anymore. 

"Do you have any Advil Mandi? I think I'm gonna die if I don't take some."

"Yea give me a sec."

She comes back a few seconds later with two pills. I grab my water and take both.

"So I guess transferring to the new hockey team isn't going well." She lets out a laugh.

"I'm exhausted and dealing with Austin is not helping."

"I knew that was going to be an issue girl, what an asshole. Uh oh. Here comes your new addition to your headache."

I turn around to see some people from my skating team.

"Fuck I'll see you later."

"Good luuuckk!"

I walk away with my middle finger up in the air when I hear her laugh.

After the whole figure skating team gets here we head out to the rink. I hug Rayleigh before heading in front of everyone.

"Okay so everyone get with their partners so we can practice our routines for next week."

Jaxon comes skating up to me as he is my partner.

"Yeah Cynthia I have an issue with all of this."

I turn to see Amelia skating up to me and Jaxon. I hear Jaxon sigh, "Hear we go".

"What's the issue Amelia?"

"I don't get why you get to be partnered with my boyfriend for the competition. Do you have some kind of crush on him?"

I hold in my laugh, "Amelia, partners are based on weight classes. I don't make the specifics for this type of thing."

"Yeah right stay the hell away from him."

"It's just this one routine Amelia."

"And as captain who picks the pairs?" A snarky tone bled through her words.

"Grow up, you both signed up for this."

"Me? Grow up? You're joking."

She swings her fist at my face and before I can catch her fist it clashes with my lip.

After everything that happened last night and today, I can't hold back. I look back at her, wipe the blood from my lip and smile.

"Amelia what the hell is wrong with you?" Rayleigh shouts.

I don't focus on either of them as I slam my fist into the side of her nose. She falls onto the ice holding her nose.

"Cynthia fuck off" Jaxon comes up and lands a hit on my eye. I was in shock for a split second until that feeling faded. Thank the stars my mother taught me how to hold my ground.

I slowly look back up seeing the separate puddles of blood on the ice. One from Amelia's nose and one from my now split lip. I slam my fist in to Jaxon's face, this time hitting cheek. I look back over to Amelia where she is laying down with wide eyes.

I lean down to her, "Amelia, as captain of the team and y'a know, the one who picks the pairs, you and Jaxon are no longer apart of it. Get your shit and leave."

"The rest of you, practice your routines. Competition will still be held here next week."  Rayleigh winks at me and with that I skate off the rink and head straight to the Elysian's locker room. Since I know Amelia and Jaxon will be going into our lockers and I know the boys won't be in here I should be fine.

I head to where the mirror is and look at the damage. Blood is dripping from my lip, I guess she was wearing a ring because there is a nice slash in my lip. I made it clear that today was not my day. Unlike her nasty looking nose now, I still look hot. And also feel very hot. Very lightheaded. Black spots line my eyesight.