17

(longest chapter coming up so bare with me~)

I walked home and honestly the one thing that was on my mind was jay.
I found myself not being able to stop smiling at the thought of him.

That was until I finally got to my house and saw that my parents car was actually home.

I took a deep breath as I went to the front door. Well this will be fun.

I sighed and opened it, I looked around and saw my dad sitting at the dining table while my mom moved around the kitchen.

My mom noticed me, "Oh hi honey." She smiled nicely and went back to what she was doing.
I smiled back and bowed politely at my dad who just gave a small smile.

I was about to walk upstairs when my dad stopped me, "Why don't you sit? We haven't seen you in a while." He suggested, gesturing to the seat at the table.

I hesitantly nodded, "Oh, okay.." I mumbled while putting my backpack on the ground and sitting at the seat in front of him.

"How's school going?"

I fumbled with my hands nervously, "It's going great." I told the truth since I still kept up my perfect grades.

He nodded proudly, "What about your friends? How are they?" Surprisingly my parents liked all of my friends but my dad didn't exactly like jake sometimes, for his annoyance of course.

I hummed, "they're good too."

Then there was awkward silence until my mother spoke up, taking a break from the food, she came and sat beside me.

"Do you have a girlfriend yet?" She asked, happily. That's when I felt upset. Of course I didn't have a girlfriend.
I don't have a boyfriend either but someone came to my mind.. jay.

I wanted so bad to talk about jay.
I wanted to tell the truth but I knew that they'd be upset.

Maybe I should just rip off the bandaid. It couldn't be that bad.. right?

"Oh, about that.." I mumbled, nervously looking at the both of them who stared at me, anticipating my answer.

"I like someone."

My mother smiled happily, while I couldn't exactly read my dads expression.
"Oh great! Who is she??"

She..

What do I do??

I took a shaky breath before trying to figure out what to say. Im just going to say it, I can't lie to them anyways.

"Mom.. I like.. a boy."

The silence after that sentence was almost unbearable. I didn't know who to do. I debated on getting up and going to my room until I looked over at my father who now had an upset look.

I knew he'd be upset..

"Yang Jungwon. You what?..."

I sighed and ignored the way he was looking at me.
Just be brave jungwon.
I told myself in my head.

I looked over at my mom who was spacing out, she was probably confused.

"I like a boy." I proudly repeated myself, there's no going back.. I know now.
I wouldn't of been able to do this a few months ago.

My dad glared at me, "You know I don't accept those kind of people in my house."

He stared at me angrily which almost made me laugh. I don't get why I wasn't scared of him at the moment, I usually would be.