She strolled attentively among the citizens and the stands, vigilant. People of all ages were harmoniously enjoying the festival, enjoying themselves and flooding the streets with vitality.

Sara had attended the festival on numerous occasions, mostly as a guard. So she could say with certainty that, year after year, its essence remained as immutable and eternal as the ideals of her goddess. At least, it was until that one. The change of the Archon had a positive effect on the population. She could swear she had not seen them so joyous and carefree in a long time.

It had been a long day, but bearable. Nothing she was not used to. The festival was coming to an end, and with it, so would her duties. There was only a scant half hour left before that would happen, one she expected to spend guarding the streets of bustling Narukami. Though her plans were interrupted when a certain Goddess decided to suggest another end to her busy day. Apparently she had been waiting for her, for her shift to end.

Sara did not know until moments ago that her Archon had become infatuated with spending the end of the festival with her. Concern began to take hold of her, for how had she dared to keep her waiting? And things could have been worse. If she had not run into her purely by chance, nor asked her, then she would have screwed up to the core. Raiden did not accept her apology, as she insisted that the blame was on her, not Sara.

With the assurance that her position would be covered, and the certainty that that would be an extra half hour of service, they both ended up joining the crowd, of course, without being part of it. They were in the spotlight wherever they looked, for, so unusual was it for Raiden to mingle among mortals, that it was inevitable to attract attention. Sara was walking beside her, diligently, when she decided to ask a factor of special relevance. She shortened the distance so she could hear her.

“So, where would you like to head?”

“I was hoping you would decide.” She reflected. “You haven't had any days off, have you? Surely there's something you'd like to see, beyond the stand of those figurines?”

“Y-Your Excellency!”

She still remembered the embarrassing encounter. Sara had no choice but to lie to her, but she saw that it had been in vain. She sighed disguised, her cheeks flushing, as she watched her violet gaze turn curious. She could have sworn her heart skipped a beat as she saw her smile faintly.

“Your knowledge of them continues to amaze me.” And another skip. “I think it was around here somewhere.”

Sara pursed her lips and quickly swept her golden eyes around the streets. She was still wary of having the choice in her hands, but she had no choice but to accept. She found an archery set and decided it would be appropriate to change the subject. Besides, this being her forte, she could get her Goddess a prize. She decided she would tell her.

“I'm sorry, the stand closed this afternoon having sold out of the entire stock, but.” She pointed to the stand she had seen and Raiden looked at it with interest, changing the direction of their walk. “I can get you a prize to make up for it.”

“A prize?” She curiously scanned the available items and then the game itself, as well as the participants. “I've never seen one of these before, but I trust that being an exemplary archer you'll be good at it.”

“Oh, the objective is to knock down cans, the greater the number, the higher the rank of choice.” She explained. “And of course, so good that I'll manage to get as many as you desire.”

With the promise sealed, Sara again kept a safe distance and advanced towards the stand. She pulled out a mora sack and assessed the weapons. Raiden, at her side, glanced at the available prizes. She ran her fingertips over the wooden bow before picking it up and took one of the five arrows between her fingers, positioning it on the string.