The Start...

It was just a normal day in the port, as the occasional paperwork was being filled out and filed. The commander had neglected to pick a secretary which allowed the work to pile up.

"Damn, I really need a secretary. I won't survive if I keep having so much paperwork."

The commander decided to go outside and eat breakfast since it was still 10 am. He went in the direction of the cafeteria and was greeted by a "Shikikan" coming from an energetic Nevada.

"Good morning, Nevada. How are you doing?" He replied, a light grin adorned his lips.

"I'm doing great, it always makes me happy to feed people, even if they don't eat a lot. It's a shame... But look at you, your all skin and bones. You should eat more." She stopped and thought about it for a few seconds. "I know!", she exclaims, "I'll take care of your meals to make them more fulfilling."

He chuckled to her enthusiasm as the plate was flooded with tons of food. This enthusiasm and the way she acted reminded him of his mother.

He gave Nevada a thanks as he turned on his heels to dine in his office. But as he did, many of the shipgirls invited him to eat at their tables to which he declined the kind offer and promised that he would on a different day. As he finished his walk and entered the office, the commander sat the plate down and hung his coat up. Taking a bite, he enjoyed his breakfast but took notice that a few measly papers were left for the day.

'I could probably ask Belfast or Enterprise as my secretary again... No, Belfast has her duties as head maid, perhaps Enty could sub in again but that would take time away from her faction management along with New Jersey.' thought the commander, omitting to check his surroundings.

The commander was suddenly interrupted in his thoughts by the door being smashed into pieces as the figure that resembles a female with long light blue hair stepped into the office.

"Honeyy~, did something happen? I'm sorry for destroying the door, I was knocking for quite a while yet I didn't hear a response. I guess I was worried something happened. I'm surprised you haven't been pestered by Akagi or some other shipgirls. Anyways, I'm relieved that you're doing fine. Uhmmm, Commander, why are you looking at me like that?" She explained with a question as well. 

He looked at her straight into her eyes. Standing from his seated position, the commander walked up to be in front of the battleship. "Jersey, you destroyed my poor door. Which I understand, you were just concerned for my safety so if you could just fix it, nothing ever happened here, ok?" He told her as she nodded. He lifted his hand to her hair and patted her in an attempt to not get her angry as she stepped back but allowed the exchange to happen.

"New Jersey, was there something you wanted to ask me before you barged in?" He questioned.

"Yes, Commander. I wanted to know if you were in need of a secretary and if so, I could fill in for you." She smiled at him, though many claimed she was a very dangerous combatant, she was also a gentle soul.

"I appreciate the offer New Jersey but at the moment I might focus on getting someone from the Sakura Empire or Fersang since you know, I had already put someone from the Union or the Royal Navy. But you're more than welcome to be my second if you would like." Smiling at her, he shifted his mind and body in front of the windows to look at the waves crashing into the harbour.

Her demeanor had been lifted with her lips that quivered and instead straightened with a light curve, she approached Mikami who was still in a daze with the open sea again. Holding him in an endearing hug as he turned and wrapped his own arms around her as well she lightly pecked his cheek while patting his soft  hair as he smiled, his face resting into the curve of her neck, wanting to enjoy this moment of peace.