The Awakening

0900

29/7/20XX

Headquarter of the Azur Lane alliance

We could see in the commander's bedroom a young man sleeping peacefully, dreaming of the new game he bought a few days before, when a small knock on the door was heard.

(???) : "Pardon my intrusion."

The door opened, revealing a woman with white maid clothes and a broken chain attached to her neck. She marched towards the window and separated the curtains, letting the sun project his light in the commander's bedroom. The maid looked at her master if he had woken up but he was still asleep in his bed, hugging his pillow tightly like there was no tomorrows.

(???) : "Master, it's time for you to wake up." She started shaking the poor commander, which fell off his bed.

"Ouch, my head hurts, how did I fall off my bed...", Mikami looked for his surroundings after being (forcefully) woken up and noticed the white dressed maid, "Oh hi Belfast, why are you here, if I may ask?"

"Well, I'm here because you asked me to wake you up every morning at 9 am, Master."

"Right, I forgot. Do you know why I'm on the ground tho? I don't recall falling off my bed when I was younger."

A smug face was the only thing he got back from her before she answered his question.

Belfast : "Since you were not waking up even after the curtains were opened, I opted for a more... physical way to wake you up."

"Huhu, I see, I see", he replied, looking at her suspiciously. She did not back down and kept her smile on.

"Master, I'll wait for you outside your door while you prepare yourself and change your... outfit." She reluctantly said after rewatching you from head to toe.

The commander was wearing a sabaton pajama top with a Mario pajama pants and being made fun of by the shipgirls for his taste but he doesn't care about their opinions.

Mikami sighed: "Yes, yes, will do." The commander was well aware that he was being made fun of but he couldn't do anything to change it.

The head maid of the Royal Navy exited the commander's room which was trading his pajamas for his commander attire. Mikami left his room, fresh and ready for a new day. While thinking of ways to defeat the boss of his game, he walked down the hallways in the direction of the Sakura Empire dorms, followed closely as always by his maid. Seeing the commander going in the opposite direction of the cafeteria, the woman engaged the conversation by the questions that wwere pondering in her mind.

"Master, may I know why are you heading towards the Sakura Empire this early without having eaten breakfast?"

Mikami, interrupted in his thoughts, looked at Belfast and replied : "I am going towards the Sakura Empire dorms because I am searching for a secretary and I will go find that person myself. So don't worry about me and go help the other maids for breakfast, like you always do."

She reluctantly agreed and parted ways for the cafeteria. Mikami continued his walk and entered the Sakura's Empire part of the base by passing under a Torii. Walking through the maze of houses, the commander finally stopped in front of ajar shoji and knocked silently at it.

(???) : "Come in."

"Pardon my intrusion. It's been a long time, hasn't it, Amagi? How have you been recently? I see you're still playing shōgi as well."

*coughing* "It is indeed true that we haven't spoken alone for quite a while now and as you can see, my health hasn't really changed... Now, now, take a seat and let's play a game of shōgi while speaking of brighter things." *cough cough*