Chapter 1

A/N: This is 5 years before the Sandwing Succession War happens, I will do a time skip in between

Battlewinner was 15 years old and she was finally allowed onto the mainland by her mother. The rest of the Nightwing dragonets had gone when they were ten. But her mother had said since she was the princess she had to wait longer which she found extremely unfair. If mother wants to me to be queen I should be allowed on the mainland before to know what's happening out there. I mean I know there's nothing interesting going on.  

"So, first time on the mainland, its cool right?" Midnight ,her friend, said breaking her trail of thoughts.

"Definitely, we have to be careful thought we're near the Icewing kingdom, if any icewings spot us we're dead," Battlewinner responded.

Midnight sighed. "I doubt they'll see us, its night right?" 

Battlewinner knew what she meant, it was currently summer in the Ice kingdom which meant the sun would never set they wouldn't know whether it was night or not.

"Let's land to hunt, I'm hungry," Battlewinner said.

Midnight nodded in agreement. They hunted two deer and sat down to eat them. Suddenly they heard voices and they both jumped up.

"Icewings," Mightnight hissed.

"Hide, we stand no chance," Battlewinner responded. 

The Icewings just flew over, but one of them paused and looked down at the stop they were hiding. She paused and stared for a long moment before she was called back by her scout leader.

"That was close," Midnight commented.

"Come on, let's go back to the island," Battlewinner said.