Chapter 4

Her mother looked surprised and then quickly narrowed her eyes at Battlewinner. "Very well then," she snarled.

The entire Nightwing tribe gathered into the room where the royal challenges happened. There was a lava river running threw it.

Battlewinner narrowed her eyes at it. She could pressure her mother back to the lava river until se fell in.

"Nightwings, you are here today to watch my daughter challenge for the Nightwing throne, "Queen Constellation announced. "Let the challenge begin."

Constellation leaped at Battlewinner who twisted away and stabbed her claws into Constellation's stomach. She shrieked and threw Battlewinner off who almost slipped into the lava river.

"I can't lose this battle, if I lose the Nightwings will be left with no heirs to take over the tribe once Mother dies," Battlewinner though determinedly. 

She leaped at her mother with as much strength as she had which shoved her into the lava. Battlewinner stepped back as she watched her mother burn in the lava. 

Constellation shrieked in pain from the lava as she started burning up. The Nightwing stared at the burning body of their queen before looked back at Battlewinner.

"Queen Battlewinner," they all cheered.