The Meeting

A/N
(This is a story about the Illuminati, a fictional version of how they might have started and what they might of done. It's also not meant to be taken seriously or to imply any sort of factual information, as I'm making this all up. This is also an AI generated story using Novel Ai, so some parts might not make sense. As always, thanks for reading!)
***

The illuminati (also know as the Kabal) , are a secretive society that supposedly control the world through secret knowledge and manipulated governments.
In this world, there is no way to escape from them, although it's possible one could be recruited.

Tristan was sitting at his desk in his office when he heard the door to his office open. He turned around and looked at the person standing there with an expression of surprise on their face. "I wasn't expecting you back so soon," Tristan said.
"You shouldn't underestimate us, Tristan. We've been studying your books." The man who had just entered the room spoke with an English accent. His name was Gabriel and he was one of the most powerful men in England.
"It's good to see you again, sir," Tristan replied. "Didn't you have other things you needed to do today?"
"That doesn't matter; we're here now and we'll do whatever we need to get what we want," Gabriel said.
"What does that mean? You're not going to give me money again, are you?" Tristan asked.
Gabriel smiled. "Oh, no, young man. It's not about that. What we really want is something else entirely, and you can help us get it."
Tristan didn't like where this conversation was heading. He had already seen what these people were capable of doing, and he had no desire to assist them in any way.
"We don't want anything from you, Gabriel. There is nothing in this world that I want enough to do what you tell me to do," Tristan said.
"There isn't any reason for you to think that, Tristan. We'll prove it to you. Just sit down, and listen to what I have to say." Gabriel reached into his pocket and pulled out a small stack of papers. "These are the records of every transaction made by the Bank of England since its inception in 1694, including the last two centuries. They all have the names of those involved and everything else we've been able to find. You'll notice that most of them were done under the name of a single individual, and while it's possible that someone else helped him, it's more likely than not that the transactions were completed solely by him. Now, what if I told you that this person has the ability to manipulate the world economy and anything else he wants to?"
Tristan knew exactly who Gabriel was talking about without even having to read the documents. "Why would you want to give me a list of the richest men in Britain? That won't help you at all."
"Actually, we want you to do something for us. We want you to kill Thomas Langley."
Tristan felt a cold chill run down his spine. "Why?"
"Because he's been doing exactly what I just described. He manipulates the world economy and the government of Great Britain in order to gain power and wealth. He's been a thorn in our side for years, but we haven't been able to put an end to him because no one has ever managed to kill him before. If you succeed, then we'll owe you a favor that will allow you to accomplish anything you want."
This was a suprise to Tristan, a leader of the illuminati was asking him to kill one of the wealthiest people in the world. He'd seen the results of Langley's actions first hand, and he knew how dangerous he was. "I don't know, Gabriel. I mean, I believe you and I respect what you've accomplished, but I just don't know if I could do it."
"You won't have to, Tristan. We'll do it for you. All you have to do is go to his house tonight and kill him. Then you can come back here tomorrow morning and pick up the reward we have waiting for you."
"How much is that going to be?" Tristan asked.
"Ten million pounds," Gabriel replied.
(That's equal to about $11,536,000 U.S. dollars)