𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻; 𝗮𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻

Rosa was safe now.
Her curls laying messily around her face as she slept peacefully.

It took me way to wrong to realise the truth, that I loved her.
And now I felt like a monster, keeping her trapped away from her destiny.

I was trapped between the right thing to do and being selfish and keeping her to myself.

There was only one thing I could do.
I owed it not only to her, but to myself as well.

☾︎༒︎☽︎

"I love you, Rosa. I'm in love with you."

"Fucking hell Aiden, I don't know what to say but-"

"No, please no buts. Buts are never good."

"But, whilst I love you Aiden, I'm not in love with you. Who knows maybe I'll fall in love with you, we have all the time in the world."

"No, no we don't."

"What's going on, are you dying or something?"

"I'm not dying dumbass," I let out a forced chuckle, "I just need you to sign here."

I handed her a document.
The word 'divorce' standing out in bold capital letters at the top of the sheet.

"Aiden- what is this?" her voice was ragged, disbelief crossing her features.

"A divorce settlement, we'll go back to being two separate people, living two separate lives," I smiled, a robotic smile that looked anything but real, and reached into my back pocket, "before I forget I brought you a little present to say goodbye."

I handed her a plane ticket, a plane ticket to London.

"Why are doing this?" she asked, her features painted with disbelief.

"I have watched hundreds of men fall in love with hundreds and women, and when she confesses the feeling aren't reciprocated, he refuses to let her go.
I refuse to be one of those men."

"Aiden-"

I knew exactly what she was going to say; I couldn't let her tie herself into a marriage neither of use wanted in the first place, one she couldn't ever be happy or comfortable in.

"Goodbye Rosa."

She leaned in, and for a split second I wanted to change my mind, I wanted her to be by my side for eternity.
Her lips met my cheek, and I heard a low, almost inaudible whisper.

"Goodbye Aiden."

☾︎༒︎☽︎

It was strange.

Our lips had never met in reconciliation.
Our hearts had never beat in synch, creating a rhythm to which we could dance to forever.
Our bodies had never once been intertwined in perfect harmony.
But I had been in love.

A textbook case of unrequited love.
The feelings I felt would never be reciprocated, no matter what happened between us, or how long we stayed together.

She had said maybe with time she would have grown to love me, however we both knew the bitter lie behind those words.

The only truth was she would have convinced herself, and I, that she loved me- but she never would.
She couldn't.

For one simple reason.
I stood for everything she despised.

Matteo prided himself on telling me what a mistake I had made, letting a force of nature like Rosa go.
Little did he know that's the exact reason I watched her fly away.

Rosalie De Luca was a storm.
A storm no common man such as myself would ever be a match for her fiery temper and sarcastic responses.

I looked around, no trace of her left behind.
All her belongings' miles away in England.

To think I had thought the house empty just a few weeks ago, when her stuff was still lining the house.

In that moment I realised a truth I had been hiding from since she had left, jetting off to her new life.

She was gone.
And she was never coming back.

𑁍❣︎𑁍

This is the last real chapter of Rosa, apart from an epilogue and a message from our dearest Grayson.

Hope you enjoy!

sending love,
m<3