Chapter 31: A Race to the Rescue

It's been two days since what happened in Hosu and five days into our internships

        It's been two days since what happened in Hosu and five days into our internships. Everyone on the news has been obsessed with the Hero Killer. The story being reported is that seven pro heroes and four high school students stumbled upon him, then Endeavor rushed in and took care of the situation all by himself. Of course, that's just the official cover from the police department. The chief was true to his word—me, Izukun, Iida, and Todoroki were never named in connection to the Hero Killer. Our injuries were explained as being caused by accidents that happened during our internships. Because Izukun's injuries still aren't healed yet, he's stuck in the hospital. The day Iida got his exam results and realized one of his arms was seriously damaged, he ended up going back home to his parents' house so his mom could take care of him. Todoroki's and my injuries weren't all that bad, so we ended up leaving at the same time. I think back to that day...

        We were packing up when Todoroki said, "I'm returning to my internship."

        "Back to your dad's agency?" Izukun questioned.

        "I still wanna learn everything I can from him. Besides, they're saying he defeated the Hero Killer, even though it was actually his son who helped out. I wanna see if there's any shame on his face."

        Just when I think you couldn't get anymore intense, your dad comes up, I heard Midoriya think, and I couldn't have agreed more.

         "And you?" Izukun asked me.

         "I'll be going back to my internship as well. There are still things that I would like to learn from Dreamer," I told him. "But keep me in touch on how you're doing, okay?"

         He gave me a smile and said, "Okay!"

         Flashing back to the scene in front of me, I await for orders from Dreamer on the robbery call we are working on. "I can hear his thoughts—he's getting despite," I tell him.

         "Okay, get ready for anything then. I'm going in!" Dreamer says as he manages to kick the door in to reveal the inside of the jewelry store. He begins to use his Quirk on the villain to subdue him, and I use mine to get the gun out of his hand. "Good job! Help the sidekicks get the hostages out!"

         "On it!" I say as I run over to the hostages in the corner to help them get up and out to safety.

         "Thank you so much!" One of them says to me.

          A smile slips out across my face and say, "No need to thank me, that's what I'm here for." As the threat is resolved, my mind unintentionally thinks about Bakugo, and I couldn't help but wonder how his internship is going. 

——————————————————————

        "It's possible some villains were inspired by what happened in Hosu. That means they could be feeling bolder. This may just be a patrol, but keep your guard up," Best Jeanist tells Bakugo.