Chapter 11 Argument

"So soft" you said happy petting the general's tail feeling all the stress you had melt away. "I feel like it's extra fluffy this time"

"Thank you your grace" the dog boy said red enjoying your touch. "I was very happy to hear you called for me"

"He's so cute" your friend awed over him as well.

"Ah I feel much better" you said happy hugging Goruo as his tail started to wag. "I'm sorry you must've think this is weird "

"Not at all" he quickly spoke up "I'm glad I can help. You must have been overwhelmed seeing what you had to do was quite the ordeal."

"Hmp" a certain Oni pouted sitting on the floor watching you said. "What about me your grace? I want attention too". You looked amused.

"Ok ok come here" you said opening your arms for a hug as the Oni quickly got up and tackled you down in a hug smiling happy.

"Yes!" He cheered happy hugging you close to him.

"Hey!" Goruo whines "she was petting me"

"Well she can pet me now" Itto said as he grabbed your hand and placed it on his head happy. You laughed amused and did so as Itto relaxed enjoying his time with you.

"Can I pet you Gorou??" Your friend asked as the dog general looked at her. She saw him move his tail behind him as if hiding.

"Um.. sorry I don't think I'm comfortable enough for-" he was cutt off.

"Ok fine no problem" you friend said looking away. She knew it was going to be a no it was clear they all liked you and honestly her jealousy was growing. "I was going to give you some information about my friend if you did but that's on you." She saw from the corner of her eyes his eyes perk up.

".. ok you can pet my tail" he said. Your friend smiled happy and pet it. She awed and loved the softness and fluffiness. Noticing how Itto was taking up all your attention she quickly and lowly told the general the information. "Really?? That will help me?" He said eyes wide as she nodded.

"Try it." She said voice full of confidence. The general felt his tail start wagging at the thought of having the possiblity being with you.

~

"Lumine!" Aether called out to her feeling his eyes watering up.

"Brother have you forgotten about me? About us? I'm your family" she said. "Why are you so fixated on that person?"

"Hey she is not 'that person' she is her Holiness the creator!" Paimon said feeling offended on your behalf.

"Lumine" Aether said tighting his hold on the flower he just picked. "What are you talking about?? Why did you bring her up instead of asking how I am?" He felt a tear fall. "I been looking everywhere for you! You tell me nothing I worry about you! If your ok, safe, and well cared for.."

"Really? I don't think so. Seeing your picking flowers for that other person." She said looking annoyed. "What about us brother?" She asked. "Did you forget I'm your real family?"

"I know you are but-" Aether was cut off.

"But nothing! I'm your family Aether! I don't understand why you so attached to someone you barely know!" She said angry as the ruin gaurd started to position itself to launch it's rockets. "What did she do to you to be so obsessed with her!?" She yelled angry as the rocket launched.

"Ah!" Paimon yelled covering her eyes as Aether grabbed her and moved to the side dodging the blast.

"Lumine!" Aether said looking at his twin holding Paimon close protective "what are you-" he paused seeing all the flowers burn down leaving all barren.