Part Eight

In the hotel to dry off, we sat not looking at each other or anything really. Our clothes sopping wet. Billy had the courage to say something. "Go take a shower."

"No."

"Do you want to get sick?"

"No."

"Then do as I ask."

"No."

"See this is why I can't take you kid. I'm doing my best and you won't listen." He not once shouted at me but just glared. I got up as I sighed to go to the bathroom.

I got into the shower. He has to miss her much as I do, right? After the shower i opened the door. I heard Billy crying and whispering. "I failed. Everyone was right Alex. I failed you and I failed her. I miss you so much. I should had talked to you more than shutting you out. I want to be our daughters life. How can I be? Not because she doesn't listen. How can I come here knowing what I've done? She needs me, and I have no clue, what to do or how to make it better for the both of us. We need you." His legs up to his chest as he hugs himself rocking back and forth.

"Billy?" I called out. "I need clothing."

Whipping his tears away clearing his throat. "Okay kid just stay in there."

I did so. Coving up his eyes as he handed through the cracked door way. Oversized shirt and underwear. I came out. I thought that he was going to take a shower as well but he didn't. Not even bothering to call Uncle Eddie or he might have.

In a king-sized bed I sat next to him. TV was on the news nothing good is ever on late night. At least to me anyways.

Still looking upset, I moved closer to him. "Tomorrow can we go see a movie?"

"After your behavior? No." Yeah see that is exactly what Mama would say too. I didn't bug him about that.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Yeah I am Charlotte. You shouldn't have run out like that or say such cruel things like that. Granted I know right now your life is being spun upside down.. but you could have gotten hurt. I'm sorry that I don't have the answers that you want kid. Never the less did that thought ever cross my mind." Not looking at me. I hurt him just as much as he hurt me.

"I... I didn't mean to scare you." I'm stuck here for the night and all I want and still want is for the world to swallow me whole. That would be GREAT thanks!

"I'm sure that you didn't. My heart couldn't bare it if I lost you too." Now he looks at me. "It might not mean much to you as it does to me."

He's right it didn't, but he's here now.. my head placed on his arm I got under the covers. "I'm sorry Billy."

"Thank you."

I woke up at three am. The witching hour as I've been told many of times. Hearing Billy crying, he really must miss mama or I must of hurt his feeling bad. Well he hurt mine! Not about what are we going to do now. But he never came to see me. He lied to me like others did. He wasn't in my life until now. So what I said a few bad words and he's crying over that?

Covering myself up as I place my hand over his back. "I know it's not fully your fault Billy. I understand why you wouldn't want to come back nor take me with you. Mama would give you hell for that. I'm sorry honestly for what I said. You're right, my world is upside down. I want her back Billy." I sniffled I don't like it when people cry because it makes me cry. "I miss her too."

Billy's head lifted up as he turned to face me. "Kid why are you up?"

"You were crying."

Whipping his face. "So I was. I must had a bad dream. Go back to sleep."