Part 2

It was fall as the leaves turned, I was playing along with Uncle Eddie in the leaves. Aunt Max rushed outside. "Eddie! Eddie! Hurry!" He rushed right into the house as I slowly walked over.

A man in a blue car standing outside the house. He was smoking and had dirty blonde hair. Mama was pleased to see him maybe he's my dad or know of him. Uncle Eddie wasn't to keen on it.

As I was about to see what was really going on Uncle Steve surprised me as he picked me up and shook me a little. "Sorry little, no for you this time." I did scream a little as uncle Eddie and this man turns their heads to face me. I giggled too.

"Awe but uncle Steve who is he?"

"Someone that we used to know."

"It's him isn't? Mama isn't going to get better is she? And everyone is lying about it to me?" He placed me down he had no words the man and Uncle Eddie went into the back yard where I was as Uncle Steve was talking to me.

He gently pinch both of my cheeks. "My aren't you cheeky."

He didn't answer my question as the three of them walked inside the house. I was about to sneak into the house after an hour but the man came out. Coming into the front the yard. He was smoking. Going up to him. One he could be my dad or two another person that's in my mom's life that I don't know.

Whoever he is I completed about his blue car. "You have a nice car."

Staring at me he blew out a puff. "Thanks."

"I'm Charlotte. I'm Alexandra's daughter."

"Billy."

"Nice to meet you Billy. How long has you had this car?"

"14 years."

"Wow! Hops had his for 29."

"Yeah as long if you know how to keep your baby nice and treat it nice you can have your car as long as you want."

I nod. "So do you know what's going on with my mom?" Everyone but me does.

The cigarette went back in his mouth, he didn't answer because he knows just as much as all the other adults. "Not my place to tell kid."

"Fair. Well how do you know my mom?"

The corner of his mouth is where the cigarette went. "School."

"Do you know my dad?" I just had to ask, why Charlotte? Why?

"Yeah."

Finally someone who isn't afraid of answering my question! "No one talks about him. I'm sorry for the questions, the adults like to move on from me asking that. Just one more thing... did he know about me?"

"He does. Trust me kid, he's not what you would want as a father."

That kinda hurt, I mean I guess if he did want to be a father then he would had been here for me. Or my mother. I sighed as my head bows down. "Thank you Billy for being honest."

"Kid I didn't mean to break your heart. I watched how he used to treat your mother, it was god awful. When they left town right after graduation, he did his best on being the best man that he could. Failed in the end."

"So he didn't want me..." Chills ran down my body. I looked at this, well Billy one more time and somewhat smiled at him. "If you are still in touch and you came on behalf of him." I sighed holding back the tears. "If or when mama dies tell him to come, even if he doesn't want me in his life, he doesn't have to make himself known. I know at some point he must have loved her. And that I'm sorry."

"Why sorry?" His body posture was different.

"Because I made him leave." My head tilted as I hugged myself before crying. "Kids are not dumb y'know? So if I made him leave mama because she wanted me.. I'm sorry. Or that I wasn't a boy. Some dad's are like that." A tear escaped Uncle Eddie came out as I told Billy goodbye. "Bye Billy and thanks for coming by." I headed up the stairs as I looked at uncle Eddie. "He didn't make me cry uncle Eddie. I'm just sad." I went inside as I crawled into bed with my mother.