He was the love of my life: B.S & M.S

Zeke doesn't exist so the ex husband referred to isn't him nor Jared

Description: after being divorced by her husband Michaela disappears, only to be found in the spot they met by Ben

Nobody's heard from Michaela in days so Ben finally decides to check one last spot, the place her and her ex husband met. Walking in he found her against the wall in a corner, her head in her knees, quiet sobs coming from her, at least until Ben stepped on an extra creaky floor board. Her head snapping up at him she wiped her face quickly before throwing on a smile "Hey Ben! What's up?" She asked through false enthusiasm.

   "Mic" he spoke sadly at his sister, walking over and sliding down the wall to be next to her. "What's wrong Michaela? You were crying, was it about him?" He asked referencing the husband who's divorced her recently. "No I wasn't crying." She denied, running her hands through her blond hair. "Michaela look at me" Ben sighed having seen her avoiding eye contact. Looking up at him Ben saw the obvious eye bags and the tear tracks from where what little makeup she had on had smeared. "It's okay to be upset M. You guys were married, you had a life together, you love-" she cut him off "I know Ben! But don't you get it, I can't not be okay? Because it's my fault he divorced me! Maybe if I wasn't a police officer, if I hadn't been on 828 we'd still be together!" She yelled.

   "Michaela no..." he trailed off, feeling tears come to his own eyes seeing his little sister so upset. "C'mere love" he gently leaned her onto him, feeling her start crying again. "It's okay to be upset" he mumbled trying to comfort the NYPD officer. "He was the love of my life..." she sniffled, feeling Ben wipe a tear from her face. "I know he was honey. But he didn't deserve you if he was just gonna break your heart" Ben spoke gently, feeling Michaela's sobs slowly quiet. "Did he ever love me Ben?" She asked wiping her face. "I don't know Mic I don't know" he sighed giving her one last hug.

   "Thank you for this" she ran her fingers through her hair as she spoke to her older brother, standing up and brushing the dust off herself. "Anytime M. Remember it's okay not to be fine all the time" he smiled a little at her as they walked to their separate cars, Michaela being in a slightly better mood and Ben happy he found his sister.

__________________________________

I AM SO SORRY I left this request for a while and didn't work on it. Oops😂 I just remembered this book was like here and I had a request to do which is why this is so short. Opinions? Requests?

-Brooklyn