Movie Night [Pt.2] || Donnie💜

you know the drill.
————————————————————————
Around an hour before you and Donnie's planned hangout, you decide to call up your other best friend, April O'Neil. Luckily, she answers the phone after the second ring.

"Hey (Y/n), what's up? You said you needed help with somethin'?" April says as her face pops up on the video call.

"Yeah, actually! I wanted to get your advice on what to wear tonight." You answer, frantically searching your dresser drawers for an outfit.

     "Ooh! Got a hot date?" She teases, grinning.

     Her comment makes you giggle a bit. "Nah, just hanging with Donnie. It's been a while since we've even talked, so i'm kinda excited to see him-" You say nervously.

     "Oh, so it IS a hot date!" April replies, clearly trying to mess with you.

"Yeah, right. Like Donnie would ever ask me out." You say sarcastically. You couldn't really imagine him being romantic with anyone, being the logic oriented guy he is.

     "Just between us, I think he definitely would." April says with a wink.

You roll your eyes at April and move to your mirror to brush your (h/l), (h/c) hair. The two of you discuss what you should wear.

"Hm. If you're going to the lair...you probably wanna dress comfy!" April says.

You pull out a pair of (f/c) plaid pajama pants. Then, you're struck with an idea. You race towards your closet, leaving April confused. A few minutes later, you return with a dumb ironic science-related t-shirt. Donnie's favorite.

"Omigosh. He is gonna LOVE that!" She says with a giggle. "It's perfect."

————————————————————————

     Donnie paces around the lair, his brothers' inane "lessons" running through his mind. He should have never gone to them for advice. What did they know about dating, anyways? He shakes his head and distracts himself from his thoughts.

Donnie had engineered a structurally sound pillow fort in the living room, complete with fairy lights and blankets for the two of you. He worries if he's doing too much before Leo walks in, bringing snacks and drinks.

"So, you decided on a movie yet?" Leo asks, setting down a bowl of popcorn. "How about something romantic?" He says, teasingly.

"God, I still haven't picked a movie." Donnie says, sitting on the couch and nervously scratching his arms.

"Don't worry, Donnie! You got this-" Mikey is interrupted by a loud knock on the door. Donnie's posture stiffens.

"Well- that's our cue! Good luck, Dee! Bye!" Leo grabs Mikey and hurries out of the room.

"GUYS WAIT- YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME HERE-" Donnie loudly whispers, his brothers already out of sight. He takes a shaky breath and awkwardly shuffles over to open the door, finding a very cozy-looking (Y/n).

"Hey, Don-Tron! It's been a while!" You say, looking up at the frazzled turtle. "...Everything okay?" You ask sympathetically.

     "Of course! Everything is fine, come on in!" He says, speaking in an unusually fast pace. He quickly leads you to the pillow fort in the living room.