The Room

I started to gather all that dirt starting at corners of the room and threw it out. I took another look to make sure everything was clean and in place. There was nothing more that could be done, I had forgotten that room, did not go there for months. I was surprised by the letters dropped in an old box, some cds that people today never heard about it. I felt old. I realized how time flies, for a moment I felt in some kind of museum. So many memories, tears, smiles, friendships, people, books, souvenirs .. things which are behind, and then I realized that some of these things did not miss, do not miss. When I look back to this room I feel a relief, the person who lived in no longer exists, it is somebody else now. With new ideas, new dreams, goals, ambitions, other head and definitely another heart. I was surprised when I saw all this with detachment. It did not hurt to leave it all behind, I might as well lock the door and throw away the key and I would not mind, but just in case I kept the key in a safe place. It is always good to keep a room full of memories safe, ready to be reopened when you have those five minutes of panic, we must keep the past in order to then look at him, watch him, see where he went wrong and look deep into memory to not make the same mistake again, the past serves to remind us of what not to do, what not to talk, what action to take.

The room full of the things of the past takes a plaque hanging on the door that says: Experiences . Well that sums it up all. It was all an experience. Good, bad and others more or less, each holds a meaning and are all part of what we are today. You can’t just ignite the room and set fire to end it all, it will not make the experience of today better or worse than those of the past. No need to open the room all the time, just remember that it exists, in doubt look through the hole of the door, it is enough to remember what happened that made you what you are today. It is enough to stop you from doing that stupid thing again, saying things you shouldn’t.  

Eventually the room is open only to stay fuller, opened it only to fill it with more memories and recollections, more experience in the list. So if you think is necessary, look at the room one more time, cleaned it, put everything in its proper place and then lock it again and keep the key in a safe place, nobody knows what's inside, only you know and there is no need to be sharing the objects stored there with the rest of the world. Some of them end up being revealed to the closest, but it is not necessary to make a tour of the room. Someone else here will find everything a mess and won’t understand anything, for others it's all out of place, only we know about our own mess.  Is better to keep that way. You may end up finding the owner of the spare key who will understand all that "mess" and will know how to put everything in order in the same way you do, but not even we know where to find that spare key .While it does not appear you keep yours in a suitable place and let the routine continue.

The door is locked and the key is stored, and only God knows when I will decide to reopen it the room again.