*Flower Darling *

My entry for the slash Fic contest :) I've never actually entered one of these contests so I hope it's alright!

Also, the picture on the side is mine so please don't steal it, and if used anywhere please give me credit. I put my initials, so it's sort of a signature. I literally spend hours making it, and I didn't have any other fanart at the moment that would fit this story so ya thanks lovelies (:

The soft sound of foot steps absorb into the grainy concrete beneath Louis' feet as he takes the long way home from school. The long, dragged on day, has just come to an end, and he's more than happy to walk home among the others, enjoying the spring weather.

He flips his fluffy hair from his bright eyes and clutches the thin mesh straps of his worn out backpack as his feet skid slightly, turning him in another direction.

He walks with a slight skip to his step as if he were a prancing deer. His white shirt clings loosely to his tanned skin as he abruptly stops his steps to crouch down towards the warm cement. He leans forwards, examining a bed of flowers that are lightly lulling in the breeze upon their bed of soil.

Louis pulls his silver, rectangular phone from his tight back pocket while reach a small hand up to the vibrant colors shining in the sun. He positions his phone as needed, taking shot after shot of the flowers he catches gingerly between his fingers.

He even takes the time to take a few pictures of a lackadaisical flower, which pedals had turned weak and has started wilting, even in its early stage of life. He smiles proudly to himself when he's taken enough pictures. He's always loved everything there is to love about flowers; he adores their colors and shapes and smells and even the tiny fragments of pollen that float off when he shakes one a little too harshly.

Louis hops back to his feet like a spring and spins on his heels, prepared to take the rest of walk home under the shady trees. But, as he turns he comes in contact, to what appears to be as sturdy as a tree itself.

A boy. Whom is wearing the same uniform as Louis. His hair is a mop of curls which tangle whimsically around his tightly structured face. His eyes a piercing green, one similar to all the green trees in the spring. His soft lips, pink like Louis' favorite tulips, tug into a shy smile.

"Hey, Harry. Funny bumping into you." Louis says with a grin, slightly bouncing on his feet repeatedly until the boy, Harry, rests a large hand over his shoulder with a soft laugh.

It's not odd for the two to cross paths, they are distant friends, but friends non the less. Both boys take the same classes, usually finding themselves sitting nearby one another. However, they have never been able to have a normal conversation that does not contain a long pause of deafening, awkward silence or someone rudely interrupting them.

"Hey, Lou," Harry begins, and Louis' heart flutters as the nickname escaping his trembling lips. "Uh, I just spotted you and thought I'd say hi is all." Harry mumbles, glancing down at the flowers behind the shorter boy. "I saw you taking pictures of the flowers-"

"Yup, as always! I love them tons." Louis exclaims with a light giggle that tickles Harry's ears, hidden beneath his long curls. "Anyways, so what can I do for ya, hazzabear?" He asks, laughing at the ridiculous nickname he's assigned to Harry at the moments notice.

"Oh, well, like I said the flowers... Y-you seem to like photography and well, I don't know if you knew, but I take photography class..." Harry says nervously, his fingers finding each other and dancing around with shaky movements. "Well, I have a project, and, you don't have to, but I was wondering if you may want to help me, because you seem to like it and ya..." He finishes softly, voice dragging lazily through the thick air.

"Harry." Louis says, his face suddenly stern. "Stop being so scared of me and rambling. We're mates. No need for formal junk." He says with a slight shrug. "But... to answer your long winded question; of course!" Louis hops up suddenly, startling Harry as be grabs the taller lads hands excitedly.

"O-oh! Well, if you aren't busy we can go by the park and start there." Harry suggests, and as he stated, both boys race off to the park, trying to see who can get there the fasted.

***

"What was the assignment?" Louis ask curiously as he kneels down beside a row of vibrant morning glories.

Harry quickly snaps a picture of the boy without his notice and smiles softly. "Photograph something beautiful in nature." Harry explains simply, making Louis snap his head to the side to gaze up at him.

"Seriously?" He asks with a laugh, staring up at the tan boy, who's examining his stubby fingernails nervously.

"Uh, ya... I just though you were... really beautiful so..." He whispers, almost to himself. He tries to steady his racing heart as Louis slowly steps closer to him, a knowing grin forming on his soft face. Louis stops, only a few feet away from the quivering boy. "You're just like all those flowers you love to take pictures of so much..."

"Oh, am I, Darling?" Louis asks softly, taking another step, his shoes sinking into the muddy ground.

"Y-ya... and I just really love taking pictures of you-oh, my god, that sounded so creepy, I'm sorry!" Harry rambles on, shaking his head of curls frantically.

Louis laughs, causing Harry's face to become dusted with sudden pink embarrassment, afraid he's made a fool of himself. At the moment, he wishes he could dive into the bundle of flower and disappear from the world.

"I-I really am sorry, Louis. I, I just-I-" he fumbles with his tongue, unable to make his mouth and brain agree on words.

Louis finds this all adorable, and he takes another step, leaning closer to the taller, rambling boy. Harry's breathe hicks, and his green eyes widen in surprise at Louis sudden closeness to him. His words are cut short as Louis closes the gap between them, encasing their lips together, connecting them like magnets.

His small hands slip up Harry's chest, and he lightly wraps his arms around Harry's neck. Harry's eyes flutter closed as he cautiously rests his hands on Louis boney hips, gingerly running his thumb along his hipbone.

As Louis slowly pulls away, pulling in a deep breathe, he smiles up at Harry, admiring his almost porcelain-like skin. "Well, I'm pretty confident you'll get an A. Now, should we continue?" Louis comments, leading Harry back to the flowers, ready to continue the photo shoot.

Harry smiles warmly at the petite boy as he intertwines their fingers together like overlapping flower petals. "Of course, my beautiful little flower." Harry whispers, amazement flooding his vision as Louis lets out the softest laugh. It's like the warm breeze rustling the flowers in the spring heat.

Harry watches as Louis fumbles around with different posses and smiles admiringly at him. "My perfect little flower darling..." Harry whispers. He closes his eyes briefly, listening to the soft sound of Louis' footsteps absorbing into the grainy concrete.