💜💧 CaitVi

Warnings: mean Caitlyn, workaholic Caitlyn, bratty Vi, mouthy Vi, physical contact (its a single slap), piss is mentioned but its not sexual, Vis a dick but honestly shes trying to help Caitlyn, Caitlyns a dick because not enough people understand the difference between workaholic and overworking

Characters: Caitlyn, Vi

Side Appearances: None

Setting: Caitlyns office

Not my typical idea on making Cait mean, but a friend suggested i wrote this after we both read too many "workaholic Cait" fics where Cait was just overworking herself. Addiction to work is not much different from drug and alcohol addictions, and not enough people get that.

-

Vis just about had it with her wife. Its been days since theyve seen each other. Caitlyn staying cooped up in her office, save the two days in over week she had come home and left whilst Vi was still sleeping.

Caitlyns purposefully bringing more work on herself, over managing cases simply because she could. Forgetting to eat, sleep, drink water just be sure a file is read, or paperwork is finished. The promotion was a surge of pride.

Its now day thirteen of being locked in her office, when a fist leaves it cracked in an attempt at a knock. "Violet, what have i told you about taking those things off?" Caitlyn shouts at her door.

"By bad, i forgot we know each other!" Comes a sarcastic shout from the other side.

"Bugger off! Im busy working."

"Yeah? Im busy too. Busy bringing you files you wont look at me to take. Busy bringing in criminals for the Enforcers out there to create more files on. Busy trying to find who the fuck put a ring on my finger! Im married, Cait! Did you know that?" Files are slammed onto the pile next to the desk.

"Enough with the bullshit. You were warned this would happen. When things calm down ill be home with you. We both knew Marcus didnt do shit. Its on me to finish all of this. Now knock it off. Your attitude is pissing me off." Discarding the now finished papers, blue eyes look up to meet fury.

"My attitude? You dont get a say in my behavior. Youre borderline abandoning me."

"Watch it Violet. You know thats not true. Sit. Breathe. Work through whatevers going on inside your head."

"No Caitlyn, i wont sit and stay like the dog you trained me to be. You need to hear what im saying. Youre overworked, neglecting yourself, neglecting your wife, and now youre expecting me to sit?" Caitlyn looks up, sets down her pen, and stands.

"Being a corrupt Sheriff ment bypassing all this work. Its why we were all stuck doing it. I wont do that to you. Youre a Deputy, theyre Enforcers. This is Sheriffs work. I dont want anyone else jailed on false charges." Vi turns her head away. "Do you understand, Vi?"

"No, i dont. You can be a good Sheriff and take care of yourself. Ive never needed you to take care of me. I was stupid for thinking i could start after we were married." Gauntlets left on the floor, Vi grabs a handful of files from the desk, a spare pen, then slams herself into the couch. "If you dare open that Piltie mouth of yours, im walking right back out that door."

Its silent. So much so Caitlyns ears ring. She doesnt understand whats so wrong. Her and Vi spoke great detail about how much work Marcus piled up, and that Caitlyn was now responsible. She very clearly stated she would be backed up in her office for who knows how long until she got it sorted. She told Vi it was going to be just as hard to stay at work as it would be for Vi to be away from her. What was lost in translation? What detail did she forget?

"I hate that it feels like youre more devoted to a filthy city than you are your own wife." Thats where she went wrong.

"Violet Kiramman, i have never once considered this city more than you. I know, ive been here and not with you. But its not like that. It will never be like that. You always come first."

"Check your fucking phone." She does. Missed calls, texts, all from the same contact. Worried, angry, upset communications all on her screen.

"Vi-"

"Shut up. Finish your stupid fucking papers so i can have my wife back. Im sick of looking at the sickly, shell of a woman i once knew." Thats where Vi fucked up.

A few solid steps, a palm connects to cheek in a resonating clap. "If i recall, you were the one who agreed to allow me time to catch up."

"I was under the impression my wife would still love herself, and still love me back."

"And who said you were unloved?"

"You might as well have. I wish you had never taken this job, no matter how happy it made you. Youre on the verge of collapse, and so stuck in delusion you even hit me because you couldnt handle being in the wrong." Both women are now standing. Two sets of teary eyes locked. "Since you cant even come home, can you at least let me drag your ass to some food stall and eat? I can hear your organs collapsing."

"Im busy."

"Youre killing yourself. Im not letting this go on any longer. Your piss is probably red at this point, not enough fluid your system to even make it orange."

"Leave, before i put you in a hospital and they make you eat. I dont think your father would take kindly to your state."

"What right do you have?" Caitlyn pushes Vi away from her.

"What right? Im sorry, i didnt marry a woman whos only care is work related. I married a woman who was passionate about all life. Do you not hear your stomach making those god awful noises? Do your kidneys not hurt? Whens the last time you used the bathroom?"

"Vi-"

"No Cait. Youre not speaking to me until this resolved. Im not watching you kill yourself over a job, and im not going to support you choking down a carrot and sip of coffee just to come home to me." With that, Vi leaves the room, files discarded. Caitlyn waits to follow her.

-

"Caitlyn Kiramman?" A doctor comes out of the doorway. Caitlyn and Vi both stand.

After some blood work, Vi holds Caitlyns hand as the doctor goes over Caitlyns labs and what they mean. Vi holds her hand through the nutrient and hydration infusions aswell.

"If this happens again, i will have no choice but to send you to a facility. In the mean time, here are some resources for dieticians and therapists to help."

"Thank you for your time." They leave.

"Caitlyn, no working until youre healthy again. And if you so much as start to get like this again, im taking your position. You cant be a good Sheriff if youre not ok."

"I know. Thank you for helping me realizing that no matter how much good i was doing, i couldnt continue without taking care of myself. I forgot all about myself."

"I know you did. It was scary. Kinda hot when you slapped me, but also the first time i was every anything close to afraid." They lock eyes, Caitlyns hurt, Vis tender. "I love you."

"I love you too. Im so sorry i ever hurt you. I just- I need to make things right. Keep everyone safe."

"Everyone includes yourself, Cupcake."