This is just the beginning

I started at Ouran Academy in my first year of high school. I decided to do all the enrollment paperwork at the beginning by myself; however, my father wasn't too thrilled about it. I'm happy to be able to attend my dream school! My goal is to become a lawyer like my mother! It's been ten years since she passed away. Things haven't been easy without her, but my dad and I can manage. We have been since that day. I wonder if she is proud of me.

I was walking into different libraries the school has, each one of them being noisy and loud. I went into the primary grade area of the school, but I guess high schoolers can't use that library. Every room was filled with students. Not one was quiet. I went upstairs and decided to check out the vacant music room that everyone talks about.

When I walked in, all of a sudden I see red flower petals fall from the ceiling. Huh? That's odd. When I looked up, I heard someone... Well, more like people talk at the same time.

"Welcome!"

I looked and saw six guys in a group, all roses in their hands. They were all staring at me with smiles on their faces. Wait... Did I just interrupt a group that was practicing for a play?

"I-I-I'm sorry! I didn't know someone was already in here!" I nervously said.

I turned around to walk out and ran into a small table. I quickly tried to grab the handle of the vase that fell off the table, but I was too late. All the... Men? Boys? I don't know! But all of them were staring at me! I stood there in shock. I didn't know what to do.

"Well... We haven't properly met and things got awkward..." I said quietly to myself.

"Now you did it! We were supposed to auction off that vase!" Said two ginger-haired twins.

"Really!? I-I'm so sorry! I will have to pay you back!"

"How? You can't afford a school uniform." Said the twins at the same time.

Oh crap...

"Wait, Hikaru, Kaoru, isn't this the young man who is in the same class as you two?" Asks a boy with dark hair and glasses.

"Yeah, but he's awkward, especially when we have to do group work sometimes in class, he decides to work by himself. He's not very social, so we don't know very much about him."

"That wasn't very polite." The boy with dark hair and glasses looks down, then back up again. "We welcome you to our host club, Mr. Honor Student." He smiles as he walks away to his laptop.

The blond boy sitting in the chair stands up with a gasp.

'You're the honor student! Wow! You must have a lot of knowledge to become an honor student here!"

"Their name is Haruhi Fujioka, Tamaki." Says the boy who opens their laptop.

"H-how did you know my name?"

"Well, Kyoya knows almost everything we don't. He's very smart, so that's why he is the host club's vice president." Hikaru and Karou say together.

That doesn't give me a direct response on how they know, but that doesn't matter. The fact I broke this vase...

"So, um..." I stood upright and scratch the back of my head, "How much did that vase cost?"

"We were going to the school auction for eight million yen." Tamaki, the blond hair boy said.

"EIGHT MILLION YEN?!"

"Yep! Too bad, though! Me and Takashi were going to be there Kyo-chan!"

I looked down and saw a blond boy holding a pink bunny plush. How old is he?! He looks like he belongs to primary school!