Clarity || Reader x Bucky (2nd POV)

"'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight & I don't know why
If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?"

- Clarity; Zedd

✪ ✪ ✪

The whole compound is silent as the night starts to give way to the day just beyond the horizon

The whole compound is silent as the night starts to give way to the day just beyond the horizon. As usual, you found yourself up on the roof once more. Your feet dangle over the edge of the building as you lean over to look below. For a moment you think how it must feel to be able to fly. A small push will send you straight down to the garden below. How high are you, anyway? Every time you look, it seems to get higher and higher. You probably should not have taken up that stupid challenge against an Asgardian God. While Thor is a sweetheart, he is also one competitive asshole. You are no different. And Asgardian mead is no joke.

Feeling the onset of vertigo approaching, you quickly lean back and tilt your head to the sky. What greets you is the most beautiful sight. The dark sky is now painted in a gorgeous gradient of purple and pink. The sight brings a smile to your face. The sky is clear of the stars and clouds, oh what you would give for some clarity right now.

Ever since Tony recruited you to be part of the team, your life has been torn apart, shredded and stuffed back into a small container. You question everything you thought you knew. Your friends, your family, your name. Who the hell are you?

Waking up in the middle of a fight with nothing but a suit, two kodachi swords by your head, its sheaths strapped to your side and a massive, massive headache made you so angry. You don't even remember why you were that angry. The next thing you knew, you ran into the battle taking out every single alien scum you see.

Then you saw him. Standing over one of the tentacled creatures, a dagger in hand, stabbing it once in the eye before slicing its head off. He turned and you caught a glimpse of his metal arm. You froze. You saw as his eyes took in your bloodied appearance, he must have thought it was yours because you remember seeing the sheer panic in his eyes before he noticed your swords dripping red. Then his eyes widened and his mouth opened, shouting something you couldn't hear. He moved to sprint towards you but he didn't get far before you were tackled to the side. You squeezed your eyes shut, expecting the full force of the ground to hit but it never did. Instead, you were floating.

You opened your eyes and realized you were in the sky. You looked below and saw him skid to a stop just in time as a familiar shield flew through the air and embedded itself in the head of your would-be killer - a giant mess of tentacles and teeth. What the hell was that anyway?

You caught his eyes again when he snapped his head up to you. Relief flooded his eyes and you smiled, or at least you tried to. Your head suddenly felt heavy and you let it loll to the side hitting a metal covered shoulder. Using your last bit of strength, you pry your eyes open to see your flying savior. Red and gold metallic mask greeted you.