I Found You ( A 1D Fanfic )

Chapter 1

They were starting again, the rumors. He was back and they were once again, in danger. The worst part, I couldn't do anything.

My name is Charlotte, I'm the 17 year old sister of none other than Louis Tomlinson. My life is nowhere near normal especially not now. Not when HE'S back.

The so called Mr. X has made his return, spamming every social website with his latest predictions. This time he wasn't targeting all of One Direction, just Louis. What happened has left me shell shocked. Let me explain...

It was another regular day. I strutted through the sunny streets on my way home from my job at a nearby grocery store. Like any other day I stopped by the mailbox to check for any letters. There was only one. Carefully, I examined it. It was tightly sealed with no return address. No writing was visible through the thick envelope. I knew it was better not to look at it before my mother but curiosity got the best of me. The words struck me like knives.

* You may be surprised at what will happen soon. One that drives both too slow and too fast will only ever have a past. Never will he be seen for the years to come, he will forever be gone. Say goodbye while you have the chance for Louis Tomlinson won't make it back. ~Mr.X*

I had no clue what it had meant, I only figured it out after it was too late. Now I see how stupid I was, I could have warned him, I could have made him take the jet, but I didn't, I didn't even try. It was all my fault.

Louis was visiting, he left a few days ago since the boys were to leave on their next world tour. He had a long way to go, but he insisted on driving. Why? I'm not sure, no one is. Then there was the truck. It collided with Louis' sports car. He didn't survive, the truck struck hard and officials say he died on impact. For once Mr. X was right and my brother was gone, forever.

The next week my life was a blur. Paparazzi were everywhere, all asking for interviews but I rejected each and everyone of them. I couldn't talk to anyone, the feelings consumed me. I remained in my room, alone, and let it sink in. I would never see him again, he was gone forever and young too. Louis never wanted to grow up but that didn't mean he had to pass for his wish to come true. I could barely break the news to Felicite or Phobe and Daisy. It was devastating. There was too much going on, it was hectic. All week the news broadcasts had his death as the main story and each time his name was mentioned it crushed my heart. I just couldn't believe it.

Eventually came the funeral. It was fairly small, only family and close friends. Eleanor was there. I always have secretly wanted her and Louis to stay together forever but now I can never be a witness to their marriage. Paul was also there and he seemed to miss Louis as well. Then there was what remained of One Direction, Liam, Niall, Zayn, and Harry. This was as serious as I had ever seen any of them. They were all like brothers to Louis. Out of all of the boys I knew Harry the best. It seemed like he was closer to Louis than anyone of the others. Harry was alway nice to me and sometimes it felt like he was a second brother. I often wished we would see him more often but he only came if Louis insisted. His presence is oddly comforting. I decided to stand beside him for this reason. My small hand was grasped around his large one as Louis was lowered into the ground. I couldn't help it, there was no way to contain my emotions. Tears streamed down my face. Harry tried as best as he could to comfort me but it was useless. I ran out sobbing to the willow tree by the pond. It was one of the only places I could ever think straight in. It was the place that Louis and I shared when he came back home for the summer. It was the place where he and the boys would have mini concerts for Daisy, Phobe, Felicity, and I. One of the only places where I felt safe from the world. Dizzily, I fell into the grass and leaned against the rough bark of the tree. Memories rushed back to me, giving me pleasant thoughts to hold onto. The last thing I heard was someone shouting my name and the world went black as I drifted into a dreamless sleep.