Attack of the Squid Killer

It was an ordinary day, the Splat Squad are practicing in the park, Meggy is chasing Mario with her Splattershot Luigi is still puzzled by how his Splat Dualies work. And Tari is trying to help Luigi figure it out.

Elsewhere, a black SUV is driving through the road, inside is Cap'n Cuttlefish, the director of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. Unbeknownst to him there is a Mysterious scrolling in the distance with a weapon.

The Splat Squad continue minding their own business when suddenly, an explosion was heard.

Mario: AAAHHHHHH! What was that?
Tari: Something bad must have happened.
Luigi: Now what do we do?
Meggy: I'll check out, you three stay here.
Mario: But Meggy!
Meggy: I've been through plenty back at Port Aurora, I will be fine.

And so Meggy goes off to search what happened. When she got there she saw the same SUV flipped upside down. With an Octoling approaching the vehicle holding an M4A1.

Meggy: Hey! What are you doing?

The Octoling Didn't react, and continued minding her own business, when Meggy decides to take action by grabbing the Octoling by her shoulder. She is bought face to face with the Squid Killer, who reacts by punching Meggy in the face.

Meggy: So that's how you want it?

The two of them engage in a battle, Squid Killer fires at Meggy, however she gets to cover and block all the bullets, once the assassins is out of ammo she switches to her secondary weapon: a Glock 18, she fires as Meggy dodges all of the shots and strikes back with a kick. Squid Killer decides to go hand-to-hand, grabbing her combat knife and engaging in a melee fight with Meggy, the two of them are equally matched, however Squid Killer gets the upper hand and takes advantage of this by kicking Meggy down, as Squid Killer locks in on Meggy, she gets up and tries to divert the attack, Meggy struggles to resist the attack, while Squidkiller is trying hard to break out of the lock, eventually Meggy got hold of the Assassins' mask and flips her over with the mask dropping and revealing the mysterious figure's face.

The Adrenaline is still coursing through her veins, in spire of the fact the entire world looks like it has come to a standstill. Her breath catches in her throat, and it's painful, but she can't. She is struggling to make sense of the figure before her, struggling to accept this enemy wears her dead rival's face.

Meggy: Desti.

Meggy has intended for it to be a question, but somewhere between the thought and the world she'd realized there was no question that's Desti, it has to be. It's been so long, but no amount of time could make her forget who Desti is, No amount of time could make Meggy forget about that incident.

The figure straightens. Meggy is trying to make sense of the situation right now. There's a flicker somewhere in her fierce yellow eyes. The familiar features twist into an expression of blank confusion.

Squid Killer: Who the hell is Desti?