Chapter 16: A Fourth Of July Like No Other!

Ah, the 4th of July, the day one celebrates their independence with barbecues, beer, sweets of all kinds, and most importantly, shooting fireworks into the sky and watching all of the colorful explosions occur. This was no different in Tick Tock Town, as Toons were having barbecues, pool parties, getting drunk at the bar downtown, and all eager to watch the fireworks go off later at night. Why, over at Breezy Street, Dave, Brad and Rachel were currently doing a quick count of all the fireworks they had stored in the attic that they were gonna launch later on. 

"Oh, I love this holiday!" Brad cheered. 

"Is it just because you enjoy eating at the barbecue we usually do, little buddy?" Dave asked. 

"What, I like burgers and hot dogs, can ya blame me?" Brad chuckled. 

"Even better, tonight's the night we can launch the firework we've spent these past couple of chapters making off-screen!" Rachel said. 

To the Trio's right, was a comically large red, white and blue striped rocket firework labeled "The Big Bang!" on the front. They've been waiting so long for this day to come, and now that it has, they'd finally get to test it...later, of course. 

Meanwhile, Isabella and Cecelia were loading the freezer with several bottles of beer to chug later on. 

"Must you two always be drinking alcohol?" Diana asked in a bit of a stern voice. 

"It's our thing, Cabbage Dish. Always has been, always will be." Cecelia spoke back, rolling her eyes. 

Diana's right eye twitched a bit at that insulting nickname, no doubt having been told to them by Amanda at some point. 

"Curse that girl..." She mentally growled. 

"She's a witch too, I'm sure she could just break that curse..." Isabella deadpanned. 

"Wha...did you hear what I was thinking?!" A bewildered Diana asked. 

"Yup, Toons can do that, after all. Well, not all the time, but only when it's funny." The cat in the blue jacket informed her. 

Diana honestly felt like the rules of this world were just getting more and more absurd with every new bit of information she learned about it every day. 

"This world truly is insane." She thought to herself. 

"Sure is!" Cecelia said with a mocking grin. 

"Please stop reading my mind!" Diana demanded. 

She sped-walked away from those two felines, feeling a headache coming on just from being in their presence. While this was happening, Jeffrey was carrying boxes full of frozen hot dogs and burgers outside to place near the grill that Melody and Midnight were putting together. Hannah and Barbara watched this from the kitchen, when a dark thought struck their minds. 

"Barbara...aren't those kinds of food...made from animals?!" Hannah asked, starting to get a bit scared. 

"You're right, and aren't all the people in this town animals?!" Barbara realized the horrifying implications of this situation. 

"Yeah! So, you don't think that..." The auburn haired mouse pointed to the box Jeffrey was carrying, her whole body shaking in complete fear. 

Then, out of nowhere, Sucy said: 

"Maybe you two nimrods should ask before jumping to conclusions." 

Hannah and Barbara jumped from her voice appearing out of thin air, and turned around to see her snickering at them. 

"Don't sneak up on us like that, Sucy!" Hannah scolded. 

"She's right though. We should probably ask if that meat is made from animals." Barbara figured.