Chapter 40: A Case Of The Hiccups!

It's been a few days since the incident on the island and most members of the Toon Crew and the Luna Nova witches being turned into machines by Penelope. Thankfully, upon returning back to Tick Tock Town, Brad and Akko flew them over to King L's castle, where he gladly turned everyone back to normal. Anyway, we see our friends after those few days later, with Dave reading the newspaper. 

"Huh, so Penelope was never found at sea after Isabella shot her propellers off." He said as he looked at the front page. 

"Do you think she sunk to the bottom of the ocean and drowned?" Brad asked. 

"I'd say yes, but seeing as how it's hard to kill off a Toon, I'd say she somehow got back to the mainland and possibly turned herself back to normal, little buddy." Dave answered. 

"Let's just hope we don't cross paths with her again anytime soon." said Akko, shuddering at the mere thought of that. 

"Agreed, Ms. Akko." Jeffrey nodded. 

Currently, the two groups were enjoying breakfast and conversing with one another. Brad held a pitcher of a blue liquid and poured himself a tall cup's worth of the stuff. 

"What is that, Brad?" The brunette asked. 

"Blue raspberry juice, of course." Brad answered. "Does your world not have this?" 

"Nope." Akko simply replied. 

"In that case, do you wanna try some?" He questioned, holding another cup in his other hand. 

"Sure!" She answered his question. 

Brad poured her another tall cup of the stuff, which she took and began to chug down at a fast pace. 

"Golly, you must've been really thirsty, huh?" He asked, chuckling to himself. "So what do you think of it?" 

"It's delicious!" She replied. 

Brad also noticed that while she talked, her tongue was as blue as his shorts right now. 

"Look at that, Ol' Kagari's tongue is as blue as a Smurf." Cecelia pointed at her with her fork. 

Akko stuck her tongue out to look at it, and couldn't help but laugh at that. Brad began to quickly chug his drink as well, leaving his tongue in the same shade of blue. 

"Brad, are you sure it was wise to drink it all that fast?" Rachel asked him. 

"Sure, because it helps the taste fell all the more explosive on my tastebuds!" Brad grinned, showing that even his teeth were blue too. 

"I do have to agree with your sister, Brad. Perhaps drinking it all that quickly wasn't the best move on your part." Diana pointed out. "The same applies to you as well, Akko." 

"Don't worry, Diana, we're perfectly fine!" Akko said as she smiled, showing her blue teeth.

"Now then, bay boy, what's on that old agenda of yours today?" Isabella said before putting a forkful of waffles into her mouth. 

Dave pulled out a medium sized notebook from his pocket and looked it over for a brief moment, before looking back at his colleagues. 

"Nothing's on it today, Isabella, so it looks like we can do whatever we feel-" 

But before he could finish that sentence...

HIC!!!!!!!

That squeaking sound caught everyone off-guard, unsure of where it came from, as they looked around. 

"You guys heard that too, right?" Melody asked. 

"Yeah, but where did it come from?" Lotte asked as well.