Chapter 3

I woke up to the sun shining through the trees. I sat up, and looked at my phone. I had a few texts from Matt and a million from Stefan.

I ditched Matt, he's going to hate me.

I looked through the texts.

Matt:

R u at the grill?

Y did u leave?

U coming back?

Hello? Luce?

Whatever, goodnight.

Stefan:

Where are you?

Luce did you run away again?

Luce I'm worried, where are you?

Damon left in the morning knowing you weren't here, his probably drunk by now.

Luce?

Hello?

Come home please.

The texts went on and on. My clothes were full of mud, especially my back.

I walked home. Instead of coming through the door, my room window was open so I jumped in. Right when I got in my room Stefan was at my door.

"Don't you have school?" I asked.

"Yes and did you sleep in a pig pen or something. Felt like being with your own kind?" Stefan snickered.

"No I did not. I slept in the woods, now go away and let me take a shower. Don't tell Damon I'm home,"

"But he's worried,"

"Then he should have went out and looked for me, instead of getting drunk off his ass!" I shut the door.

Why does he have to be so impossible. I bet he's calling Damon right now.

I stepped into the shower. I washed the dried mud out of my hair. What was I thinking, running off, sleeping in the woods. I bet right when Damon gets home he'll yell at me. We'll fight again.

I stepped out if the shower and dried myself. I slipped into some clean clothes.

"Please tell me you didn't call Damon," I pleaded to Stefan.

"Sorry, I had to, or he would bring another human drinking bag home," Stefan gave a sympathetic smile.

"I don't need your sympathy, Stefan," I glared.

The front door opened.

"Where the hell were you!" Damon yelled.

"In the woods, you?" I said like it was a normal conversation.

"Don't even try, Luce. I'm left worrying sick about you, we can't always look after you like you're four!"

"Well, don't worry then. I can take care of myself," I shrugged.

"Oh yeah I forgot. Just like you took care of yourself on the first day of school,"

"I'm sick of all of this! The fighting, the yelling! Damon, just tell me what's wrong! What do you want to say,"

"I don't want to say anything, I'm just 'sick' of your carelessness,"

Damon pushed me.

"Oh, 'my' carelessness. What about you, hmm. All those times I had to clean up your mess," I pushed him back.

"Yeah, and you have never left behind a mess. Remember, wait, what was his name, oh yeah, Joseph. Remember when you killed your dear Joseph and ran off," he smirked.