The Party

It was a bit quieter outside, so Valkyrie opted to just sit out on the porch for a bit. Her family was having a few friends over for a get together and while she did like these sorts of functions, she just needed a moment to herself. She closed the door behind her and stepped out onto the front steps, plopping herself down and taking a few deep breaths.

As she sat, she slowly began to rock back and forth, trying to focus on her thoughts until a sudden hand on her back caused her to jolt in shock. She instinctively threw her elbow back, hitting the person behind her. She was surprised to hear a familiar voice groan in pain before looking back to see her dad rubbing his rib."dad! I-I thought you were still inside!" She tried to defend her actions before stopping upon hearing him chuckle."its alright." he said before sitting down next to her.

The two sat quietly for a moment, Valkyrie still rocking a bit.

"Are you alright?" her dad asked."I'm fine! I just...its a bit too loud in there for me right now.." She chuckled before going silent again.

The two sat for another bout of silence before glam wrapped his arm around his daughter, gently pulling her close. Her head rested on his chest, that familiar rhythm of his heartbeat ringing in her head. It reminded her of something, a time when she needed help falling asleep. That warmth and comfort was the cure for any of her childhood ailments.After a bit, the two separated, opting to head back inside to enjoy the party.