Chapter 2:closer to home

~Marinette's pov~

Finally after 2 years and a long 10 hour flight I'm finally back home it felt weird. Yesterday I wasn't lying when I said I was tired (which was a norm) Natalia let me where my pajamas on the flight so I was pretty comfortable on the plane.We left china around 10:00pm it was now 8:23Am.I got a some sleep during the flight so I'm in a better mood today. 

When we got off the plane Natalia had left me in the lobby to meet up with some of her men (employees) to discuss  transportation. Natalia had given me a change of clothes to wear until we reached the Le Grand Paris hotel.

"Okay today I'm not going to let past events ruin todays events" I declared as I was about to head towards a changing room until something caught my eyes.There was a well decorated bakery stand with all types of cakes and pastries that I knew a little friend of mines would love.

Before I got the chance to ask Natalia for some money one of Mrs.sages Men gave me a hundred dollar bill and walked away before I got the chance to protest .It turns out even when Natalia was not near me she still had other eyes on me.That bother me but what could I do.I didn't bother chasing the man because I knew I could either sneak the money into her purse or give it to somebody who needed it more.

A few moments later I had bought a box of six sugar cookies,slipped two into my purse and headed to the bathroom to change.Not long after I changed I had gotten a text from Natalia telling me to meet her on the first floor .

Once I found mrs.sage she lead me to a very expensive smart car in a private parking lot and some men were putting our belongings in the trunk of a another limo.Natalia sage is a very wealthy women, she was only 36 and owned land in multiple countries.All I knew was she was a very powerful woman and Whenever I asked Natalia what she did for a living she would always change the subject so eventually I stopped asking.It's crazy two years ago I would have past out seeing the things I'v seen in just one day.

After the men put the last few luggages in the trunk of the limo Natalia sat in the front seat of the Tesla Model X Plaid And began to drive away.we sat in silence for about 20 minutes until Natalia began to speak

"Marinette you do know not only is marinette coming home but ladybug is as well"Natalia said looking directly at me from the rear view mirror .

When I left Paris for a "2 year term at a art school in china" I could not be ladybug so the guardians created a clone to take my place and when the akumas were caught by "ladybug" They were teleported to a temple and it was still my job to take care of them but recently halkmoth hasn't been very active,he's planning something...I can feel it.I quickly replied saying...
"Yes I know but are you sure nobody knows that I haven't actually been there?"

"Yes not even cat noir knows but off that subject do you want to stop at a diner for breakfast."

"Yessss I'm starving"I replied

A few minutes later Natalia stopped at a local IHOP 30 minutes away from the bakery. The chauffeur that was driving The rented limo stayed in the parking lot to watch the car and our belongings.After me and Natalia ordered our food she asked me a unexpected question.
"Have you told your friends your in Paris yet?"

"OH MY GOD I haven't even told them About me coming home!" I yelled wide eyed as a waiter brought our food.

"Marinette use your inside voice and you can just surprise them,I don't think they will mind"

"Your right"I said as I started to cut my  pancakes.After I left I stayed in touch with My classmates for about a year and a half until Dre happened . I haven't talked to Any of my friends from Paris in months.I don't know how the three are going to react when they see me after all this time,after what I did.

About 15 minutes later Natalia told me it was time to leave because she had to be at the Le Grand Pari by 11:00 and it was currently 10:02 Am.

As we got closer to the hotel everything began to look so familiar,The stores,streets and...my home, Boris Lume Patisserie Boulangerie bakery as we passed the park I could see my home and Françoise Dupont high-school.I felt like crying as we drove past the bakery but I was relieved as well because I knew in less than two hours I would be home.