Prologue: How they joined the pack

Third Person's POV:

Once upon a time and long ago in the Isla Jungle, there lived two legendary people who had tremendous power. Their names were Takkar Lycanson and Zara Falconer. Some think they never existed, and others say they were only a myth. Well, they were quite real, including their power to transform into powerful animals. But just like you and me, they were normal people from the moment they were born. In fact, both of their parents were leaders of their respective kingdoms and were great friends with each other. And of course, they made sure their children were well acquainted and they got along so well you think they were brother and sister.

But it wasn't all blue skies and sunshine for them. It all began before they were born, and their homes were under siege by bandits. But not any ordinary bandits. They had many names like "The Warlocks, Devils in human skin, and The Beast Barbarians." Dangerous men who have sought to destroy the kingdoms of Wolfang and Eagle's Claw led by Krogan Salazar. He has despised Takkar and Zara's family for years and wanted to conquer their land. But after the Great Beast War, Takkar's father, Rishi, and Zara's father, Albus, combined their forces to defeat the Beast Barbarians. But just like all other living beings, Krogan swore vengeance upon both kingdoms. But even with their threats to take down their kingdoms, there will always be those who stand up to evil and save them.

In the city of Wolfang, the lord and leader Rishi are with his wife Saraki as she is giving birth. "Hold on, Saraki. You are almost done." He said, holding her hand. Finally, It was finished. Once the process was done, the nurse picked up the crying baby. "It's a boy." She said, then handed the infant to his mother. "My boy. My baby boy." Saraki said, holding him gently. "Welcome to the world, my son." Rishi said, as the family hugged. Once the baby calmed down, Saraki wrapped him in a blanket as he and her husband went outside to see the whole kingdom waiting for their arrival.

"Brothers and sisters, hear me! We are gathered here to celebrate the day when our soldiers, along with our neighbors of Eagle's Claw, defeated Krogan Salazar and the Beast Barbarians. But, we are also gathered here to celebrate that my wife has given birth to our child." Rishi said. "I would like to thank all of you for coming to witness the day he shall be seen by you all." He said. "And so, Saraki and I bestow my son a strong name. A name that a single ancestor of ours was named after. You may know that ancestor as the 'Beast Master'. After that previous ancestor, my son will be named Takkar Lycanson!" Rishi said, raising his son as everyone cheered for the baby.

Meanwhile, in a neighboring and great ally of Wolfang called Eagle's Claw, the lord's wife just gave birth to a baby girl at the same time as Rishi's wife and named her Zara. And since both the leaders of each city are great friends, they decided to hold a banquet for their child's birth along with their victory in the Beast War. "Congratulations on your daughter, Albus, and Leona." Rishi said. "Congratulations on your son as well, Rishi and Saraki." Albus said, as both friends knelt down. "May the gods bless our children, and they will become great leaders when we part this world." They said, praying. Then, the four friends noticed their children were playing together and smiled.

But as the night went on and the banquet was over, Many cloaked figures watched the two illuminated kingdoms over a hill in disgust. "What is our next move?" One cloaked figure asked. "We head for Eagle's Claw while the rest of you stay here and spring the ambush at Wolfang once I give the signal." Another cloaked figure replied, as he and the majority of the cloaked figures went right while some of his men stay. "Soon, vengeance will be mine." the leader said, as they make their way to Eagle's Claw.

Rishi's POV:

Once we got home, Saraki and I took our son to the sacred totem. "It is time." Father said, as I nodded. "Let us begin." I said, as I painted my hand black and then placed it on the totem. Saraki does the same and places her handprint to the left of mine. Finally, we gently paint Takkar's tiny hand and place it in the middle of our handprints. "Now listen closely, Takkar. One day when you become the next lord, you will do the same ceremony with your wife and son or daughter and mark your place on this sacred totem." I said. "Is it necessary to tell him this? He is only an infant." Saraki asked. "He will need to know the importance of this totem eventually so I ought to tell him now." I replied, then a loud sound was heard.