Connections

Y/N and Noah were setting up a bed in a different room as it was dark outside when Noah stops for a second, Y/N looks at him in curiosity. "What's wrong?" she asks softly.

Noah turns to her and shakes his head, "no, nothing. Uhh." he pauses, "hey, can I ask you something?" he asks as they make eye contact. She looks at him scared for a second, "it's nothing bad, yet." he chuckles and she looks down smiling, "you don't have to answer it's just." she looks back up at him. "Why do you trust me?" Y/N pauses. "I mean, you barely know me and it feels like you trust me." he says softly.

Y/N shook her head, "I don't know." she whispers, "maybe I'm crazy, maybe it was because you showed me that you trusted me first, maybe because I feel drawn to you in some way." she looks back at him, "but I do, trust you." she lightly smiles at him.

"I trust you too." he smiles back. They stand smiling at each other for a minute before Noah clears his throat and reluctantly moves towards the door. "I'll leave you to it."

"Noah." she calls out, he turns around and looks at her, "Will you stay with me?"

"Yeah." He smiles at her, causing her to smile back.

They both lie down on the bed looking up at the ceiling. Y/N slowly moves her head to lie on Noah's chest causing him to then wrap his arm around her. They both smile lightly as they close their eyes.

-----

Later in the night Noah got flashbacks of the night before. All the monsters in the house, losing track of Julie, Y/N being injured, everything bad that had happened since he got to the town. He jolts out of bed, terrified, and starts scurrying back. This wakes the girl next to him who immediately becomes worried, "hey, hey," she says calmly cupping his cheeks. "It's okay, it's okay." she starts rubbing his cheek and he starts calming down. He makes eye contact with her worried filled eyes, "are you okay?" she asks, softly still rubbing his cheeks with worry flooding through her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah sorry." He replies.

"It's okay." she reassures, "you wanna talk about it?" she asks. He lightly shakes his head at her and brings her head down back to his chest for the weight as she moves her hands. She starts rubbing soft circles on his chest with her fingers to calm his racing heart down more as he runs his fingers through her hair.

-----

The morning was rough for lots of people due to the events of the night. Eric, one of the members of Colony house. Fatima and Y/N were in the main area cutting the plastic of some wiring when Ellis walked into the area. "Mind if I join?"

Fatima looks up at him, "not at all." She moves some wiring out the way so he can sit next to her while Y/N sits in an armchair beside the couch.

Ellis looks towards Y/N, "hey." she looks up at him, "I'm glad you're okay." he smiles getting a light one back and a nod as a way of saying she was glad he was okay too. "Did you hear about Eric?" he asks both of the girls.

"Yeah." Fatima mumbles looking down while Y/N just nods.

"Yeah, I didn't see that one coming." Ellis says

"It's weird, you know," Fatima says after a pause, "this radio might actually work, and as amazing as that is. I think part of me... I think the idea that it might work is scarier than the idea that it won't."